The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (5 Viewers)

Cornershop played the Duke of York in Belfast early on to a handful of people. They were so fucking good. Loud as fuck and super noisey. Like sonic youth at their wildest. Never saw any other evidence of them sounding like it
I loved this CORNERSHOP tune from their second EP in 1993.
CORNERSHOP - England's Dreaming
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

England's Dreaming Peel Session January 1993
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cornershop played Ireland in late February 1993.
John Robb was managing them and the photo is them burning a Morrissey poster outside EMI's offices.
Robb later admitted he organised this as a publicity stunt.
After summer 1993 I totally lost track of them until they got to #1 in 1997.

paging @Lili Marlene to adjudicate/educate/scold on all things britpop
Like all genres they/their fans all deny they are part of it.

Like all genres people fall for it and then spend years pretending they're too good for it.

You all got your wish, those phony music newspapers inventing genres don't exist anymore and music is now 100% consistent and 4 Real at all times.

Like all genres they/their fans all deny they are part of it.

Like all genres people fall for it and then spend years pretending they're too good for it.

You all got your wish, those phony music newspapers inventing genres don't exist anymore and music is now 100% consistent and 4 Real at all times.
Adjudicated
Educated
Scolded

Well done

Social Distortion. On paper, they have all the elements of stuff I like; punk rock, country, rockabilly..but they do nothing for me

I've had so many copies of CDs foisted on me over the years by well-meaning friends but they just leave me cold

They've just announced an Irish gig in the Academy, which prompted this post. I'm almost sure I saw them there a few years ago but obviously, they didn't make much of an impression.

Social Distortion. On paper, they have all the elements of stuff I like; punk rock, country, rockabilly..but they do nothing for me

I've had so many copies of CDs foisted on me over the years by well-meaning friends but they just leave me cold

They've just announced an Irish gig in the Academy, which prompted this post. I'm almost sure I saw them there a few years ago but obviously, they didn't make much of an impression.
I missed them last time.

Where did you hear about this time,I can't see anything

Social Distortion. ----I'm almost sure I saw them there a few years ago but obviously, they didn't make much of an impression.
"A few years " = 10 years

sake

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back