The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
First Green Day album is basically a load of cackhanded Van Halen riff attempts over soppy love songs, it's fantastic stuff

I'm sure none of youz get Green Day either so here you go, in the right thread and all

Lili Marlene

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
They all died in 2000 anyway, 20 years ago. RIP.

1st two green day lps are gold
I dont hear the van halen in them though
Ah, i'm pushing it in fairness, just busy riffs and solos that disappeared a few years later. They're the right age to be Van Halen obsessives. I Want to Be Alone is my usual go-to, and it's equal parts Iron Maiden as well.

best ever Green Day song

Last edited:

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Was at Green Day in Kilmainham a few years ago, it was fuckin atrocious. I left after about 40 minutes, they played for 2+ hours. Final straw was when they actually played a couple of the good songs from Dookie, but then proceeded to completely ruin those by letting Billie Joe talk complete shite for 5 minutes in the actual middle of the songs. Utter wank.

Lili Marlene

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Was at Green Day in Kilmainham a few years ago, it was fuckin atrocious. I left after about 40 minutes, they played for 2+ hours. Final straw was when they actually played a couple of the good songs from Dookie, but then proceeded to completely ruin those by letting Billie Joe talk complete shite for 5 minutes in the actual middle of the songs. Utter wank.
Story checks out

I like a few green day songs, but I always think of them as rock music for 12 year olds.
Ah yeah, but they were a class band when I was 12. I don't recognize anything post-Warning

rettucs

Supporter
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Story checks out

Ah yeah, but they were a class band when I was 12. I don't recognize anything post-Warning
I can also vouch for @Cormcolash's story. It was also freezing cold and pissed rain for most of it.

Rancid were decent though

therealjohnny

Supporter

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Website
brainwashed.com
I like Fantomas (though mainly the movie theme tune album) and Tomahawk but generally I’m all 🤷🏻‍♂️ when it comes to Mike Patton (I honestly think Faith No More are terrible, I don’t get why they’re so revered). I saw him do a show with Fennesz and the audience was so weird, just people screaming his name and saying they wanted to have his babies. Poor Fennesz was bewildered and no one seemed to be listening to the music (which was OK but Fennesz on his own is much better).

Lili Marlene

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I don't understand how people don't get Faith No More, maybe their approach is a bit too pop music and self aware for people? I just think of the Real Thing as a brilliant straight up pop album. They're, you know, fun.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Website
brainwashed.com
I don't understand how people don't get Faith No More, maybe their approach is a bit too pop music and self aware for people? I just think of the Real Thing as a brilliant straight up pop album. They're, you know, fun.
They’re boring? I find listening to more than 1-2 songs by them to be a real slog, let alone a whole album. Also, “Easy” can go and fuck itself, what an annoying song.

Users who are viewing this thread

We're listening to...

• Hatchback
    Hatchback
    Cochise
    Hatchback

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads