The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
(I have no problem with bands taking a moment out of their set to say this stuff)
I remember bands actually pulling out sheets of paper and listing off all the things that are wrong in the world: statistics about rain forest destruction, war is bad,the intrinsic evil of McDonalds etc. It's good to make a stand for your beliefs but geez louise, maybe sing about it or something. Maybe I just I have an aversion to be being lectured, by musicians.

To quote that guy on that record, the name of which escapes me " Well I think you should shut the fuck up and play some fucking music"

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I remember bands actually pulling out sheets of paper and listing off all the things that are wrong in the world: statistics about rain forest destruction, war is bad,the intrinsic evil of McDonalds etc.
Ah I think that's great! Ripe for being unintentionally hilarious but still great.

Here lads, check this out

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Agreed 100% re DD

Like an icepick to the ears. And the earnestness really boils my piss.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Well have at it so!

I never really dug earnestness,even when I was an idealistic young lad.

I'd be more of a Rod Stewart fan

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I remember bands actually pulling out sheets of paper and listing off all the things that are wrong in the world: statistics about rain forest destruction, war is bad,the intrinsic evil of McDonalds etc. It's good to make a stand for your beliefs but geez louise, maybe sing about it or something. Maybe I just I have an aversion to be being lectured, by musicians.

To quote that guy on that record, the name of which escapes me " Well I think you should shut the fuck up and play some fucking music"
I remember Fergal McKee taking out the Evening Herald and burning it onstage in the olympia. ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
God I wish we could go back to Top Of The Pops on a Thursday night with the whole family

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
With your da giving out that that's not as good as the Stones

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I wish bands would talk more about what the songs are about,at least if it's worth talking about. But,the singer needs to actually be able to talk confidently. It's a lost art that few had to begin with.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I've seen Jello Biafra and he is prone to a bit of between song banter, but he never outstays his welcome and is entertaining. I've been in bands where the singer says a word or two before we launch into the song and that's grand. I've also been in bands where I wanted to boot the singer up the hole and tell him to get on with it.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
Listen to this podcast

it's where I get all my pop music history these days
Each episodes are too god damn long.
Jesus christ I see the most recent one is four hours long! I usually get through about two a month at most listening at 1.5 speed.
I gave up. Enjoyed the first few, but they are are much too long. Also became a sausage fest.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I gave up. Enjoyed the first few, but they are are much too long. Also became a sausage fest.
Yeah, it takes AGES for Sarah Bee to come back, but I think they realized this and she's in every second episode or so after about episode 15. She's much needed in all honesty. It's a podcast you can't "binge," too fucking long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads