the arcade fire (1 Viewer)

they're a bit more like what mercury rev might sound like if they'd never hooked up with dave fridman meets the tindersticks. Kinda.
Anthony said:
You just described The Polyphonic Spree meets Mercury Rev. My nightmare.

nlgbbbblth said:
heard two tracks and was very impressed.

Pitchfork review was savagely praiseworthy

is the album available over here?

Road Records got it in for me (€15.99 not bad at all) but I think Rough Trade are putting it out soon.

Listened to it two or three times the whole way though, like it a lot but I'm kind of stuck on the first song at the minute and can't get past it, I'd estimate that I've listened to it about a gajillion times approximately, I definately spent a good 35 minutes having it on repeat once.

Pretty decent. Not my favorite album of last year but one of the better things to come out of an otherwise useless year.

Playing the Slint ATP supposedly.

eoinbox said:
damn right! any more word on that london gig? might popel overla

From the NME site:

Arcade Fire are to have their debut album 'Funeral' made available exclusively on iTunes from tomorrow (January 25) - a month ahead of its' official UK release.

Demand for the Canadian rockers' record was such that the decision was taken to make it available for download.

The record is not out until February 28 in the UK, and no import copies are currently available.

Arcade Fire are expected to go on an extensive tour of the UK shortly after the album's official release on Rough Trade.

The band have just announced they will play their debut UK show at London King's College On March 8.

Apparently they are also playing a date in Amsterdam in March as well. Try as I might I couldn't find any info on what the full list of dates are for their trip across here.

There's a long interview with them in Pitchfork today. For fun, I suggest you read through it and try and count how many times the interviewer and interviewee use the word "like".

And by the way, I've heard it, and I also, eh, "like" the album.

A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

So who is going to stick by their guns 15 years later and who is going to pretend they were hacked that week?

they have "remastered" the video to celebrate 15 years of Funeral.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not a massive fan but their last album is wayyyyyyyyy underrated.

Last edited:
Is their last album the one that has the catchy Disco song with mostly female vocal? The Sprawl? I love that track and was reminded of it when I heard it in a shop the other day.

As for Funeral, I had to stop listening to it when my missus told me it sounded like U2.

Is their last album the one that has the catchy Disco song with mostly female vocal? The Sprawl? I love that track and was reminded of it when I heard it in a shop the other day.

As for Funeral, I had to stop listening to it when my missus told me it sounded like U2.

No, that was 2 albums ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back