dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
this album is slowly becoming one of my favourite ever records, its immense.
and i *really* didn't like it at first, but with every play it gets better and better

so there

!zed

yeah it's a huge grower alright. I thought it was a bit meh to begin with, but liking it a lot now.

dudley said:
this album is slowly becoming one of my favourite ever records, its immense.

and i *really* didn't like it at first, but with every play it gets better and better

so there

!zed

dunno, the unit ama couldnt get time off work and then there was some very vague reason why this ain't vegas decided not to do it. seemingly they are gonna come back later in the yeah though.

ah, that's a shame. And indeed I hope they do. I imagine they'd be pretty good live.

damien said:
dunno, the unit ama couldnt get time off work and then there was some very vague reason why this ain't vegas decided not to do it. seemingly they are gonna come back later in the yeah though.

dudley said:
actually, they sound like a cross between black flag, gruff sputum, bad shit and crass so i imagine you'd love it

i'm more into noise and disco punk these days, actually.

at least the mighty OAK are still gonna rock the gaff, and hopefully i'll get another good band to round up the bill.

ah ja, I shall still be there, to see the new Gary band.

damien said:
at least the mighty OAK are still gonna rock the gaff, and hopefully i'll get another good band to round up the bill.

i reckon i am the only one that hasnt heard the arcade fire.

what are they like? emo im betting!

judging by the kind of bands that pitchfork usually creams itself over, i'd say they are sappy and arty.

hmm, they are kinda ramshackle and epic sounding. tons of instruments all clattering away at once over deadly tunes, with a slightly flaming lips feel, and often a cast of thousands screaming out the chorus at the top of their longs...

weird lo-fi production despite all the massive strings and that

dudley said:
hmm, they are kinda ramshackle and epic sounding. tons of instruments all clattering away at once over deadly tunes, with a slightly flaming lips feel, and often a cast of thousands screaming out the chorus at the top of their longs...

aye, tis very good alright. still dont think its on general release over here...could be wrong, i thought rough trade or someone picked them up. its really distinctive stuff, innterrrresting

dunno, I have a cdr'd copy off a mate who bought it in canada.
nlgbbbblth said:
heard two tracks and was very impressed.

Pitchfork review was savagely praiseworthy

is the album available over here?

It's only been on import here so far? First week in March I think is Rough Trade release date for it here. Apparently it's on itunes a month before that if that's the way things happen for ya, like.

dudley said:

You just described The Polyphonic Spree meets Mercury Rev. My nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back