Thats better (1 Viewer)

Los Davos

Its good to see the barely used stalls on capel st bridge have been removed. That was one of the most retarded pieces of planning. If you sat on one of the new benches you couldn't look up the liffey at the sun set. .The new 'cyber' benches were designed in such a way (with a glass back) that you could'nt turn and look down the liffey.All that was facing you was
a gray unused kiosk. Except kiosk one where you could sit facing an orient listening to some hot station like 98 fm while he sold newspapers and the like to passers by.

Like who does this shit? why arent we consulted. Like whats
up with that slab of concrete facing the olympia? I liked the little green that used to face it.

At least know you can sit on capel bridge and look at something. Dublin is a settle for less city.

Its good to see the barely used stalls on capel st bridge have been removed. That was one of the most retarded pieces of planning. If you sat on one of the new benches you couldn't look up the liffey at the sun set. .The new 'cyber' benches were designed in such a way (with a glass back) that you could'nt turn and look down the liffey.All that was facing you was
a gray unused kiosk. Except kiosk one where you could sit facing an orient listening to some hot station like 98 fm while he sold newspapers and the like to passers by.

up with that slab of concrete facing the olympia? I liked the little green that used to face it.

At least know you can sit on capel bridge and look at something. Dublin is a settle for less city.

hopefully we'll be spared u2 plans for the funkification of the quays, if built it will 'lie like bonos flacid yet mighty cock across the roofridges of the town that himself, gugai and gavin friday saved from the evil clutches of charles haughey and the pope some time in the mid 80s'' according to unnamed serf on bonos dalkey tobbacco plantation.

Totally agree. Could never figure out the logic of those things, and ditto for the benches facing the wrong way. All of the real heart and character of this city is being (or has been) torn away in our headlong rush to modernity. It sucks balls.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there always public consultation meetings happening the whole time for all sorts of stuff?

Thing about those stalls is that that bridge is an artery for cars to move around Dublin’s KERRRRAZZZY one way system. And there’s just not enough stuff on either side of the bridge to generate the sort of footfall that would make those stalls viable. Twas silly to put stalls, which require people, onto a bridge which as-it-all-worked-out is just for cars.

...that himself, gugai and gavin friday saved from the evil clutches....

Careful with your spelling there, you'll get yourself into trouble.

Careful with your spelling there, you'll get yourself into trouble.

we all know who i mean!
342581359_8d818433ae_m.jpg

(appologies to bob byrne btw)

we aren't consulted for the good reason that we don't know shit.

moaning about why 'the public' weren't 'consulted' is a pretty ancient populist rhetorical trick.

the reality is that public consultation usually results in even shittier architecture.

praise the lawd.

anyways, you have the right to object at when a planning application is lodged, and on large scale projetcs there is invariably a fairly large consultation process involved st the design stage.

it does however involve getting off yer arse to look out for these things, it's too late when they're already built.

That charming little green opposite the olympia apparently had a not so charming junkie problem. Was a bit of a no go spot because of the syringes and shit left lying around.

I truly is spectacular in it shitness.

DCC own it don't they? Wonder if it got an easy ride through the planning process?

it sure is Spambo. do DCC own it? a speculative office building? hmmmm. as far as i know it hasnt even been leased out yet.
i mean, it would be a decent building in an out of town office park but not on Dame Street...

I used them benches a couple of times. Handy.

handier.

I wasnt really expecting a response to 'why weren't we consulted'.

But thats what ya get for just writing bullshit at the end of a rant.

it sure is Spambo. do DCC own it? a speculative office building? hmmmm. as far as i know it hasnt even been leased out yet.
i mean, it would be a decent building in an out of town office park but not on Dame Street...

They do own it. There's an old guy in my office - pen and paper type - who goes off on weekly rants about it. I'm concerned that he's going to go postal in the civic offices one of these days. His hatred for the planning department in DCC runs so deep it's frightening. He deliberately flouts all sorts of guidlines, relishing the opportunity to take planning on in the courts. He's my hero.

That charming little green opposite the olympia apparently had a not so charming junkie problem. Was a bit of a no go spot because of the syringes and shit left lying around.

I think I mentioned it before but as we were queuing to see Alice Cooper we were treated to the site of a couple fucking on that green. When she was done and hopped off him he grabbed a handful of grass to wipe himself

good times

I think I mentioned it before but as we were queuing to see Alice Cooper we were treated to the site of a couple fucking on that green. When she was done and hopped off him he grabbed a handful of grass to wipe himself

good times
OMG thats unbeliveable!!! You went to see Alice Cooper???

sorry.

still no excuse for what must be the worst building in the inner city in 20/30 years.

Indeed..

496659729_90083ba844.jpg

!bog!bog!bog

Made exponentially worse by the potentially fantastic location in between City Hall and Dublin Castle. And that bleak little paved area next door is almost as bad.. See also the equally uninviting new 'plaza' recently put in next to Busaras with those 1980s style spherical bollards and corporate-looking metal sculpture. The corpo seriously needs to get somebody in to teach it how to design\build landscaped spaces properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back