That Harold Pinter is fucking torture... (1 Viewer)

the bearded lady

Website
www.joanofarse.net
Those Pinter "Torture" plays are making a glorious return, much like In Tua Nua will at the Electric Picnic I suspect. Below are all the details from an email I got about it from the Production company. Can't recommend this enough.

And yes, I get emails. Occasionally.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi there

We are announcing the return of PINTER X4 to The Pearse Centre for three nights only on 27TH, 28TH and 29TH of JUNE @ 8.15pm.

For those of you who missed it, or those of you that didn't but think they know somebody else who should go and see it, come and see it. We had a great response and by the end of the run we were turning people away.

Bookings either at this email address or tel: 089 4198426

We are also announcing our summer show: Shakespeare's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING @ Project Cube this August 13th - 25th. It is set to be a great production set in 1960s Italy. Bookings can be made through Project Arts Centre.

We are currently raising money for our elaborate set and costumes. Fundraisers, proceeds of Pinterx4 and through Fundit.ie.
Fund it is an Ireland-wide initiative that provides a platform for people with great ideas to attract funding from friends, fans and followers across the world. People are entitled to 'rewards' in exchange for their sponsorship/donations.
We have two days to reach our target and if we don't, we don't get anything! So, if you feel you can support that would be great. (It will also give you details of the show itself!)

This is the link: http://www.fundit.ie/project/shakespeares-much-ado-about-nothing

Anyway, we hope to see you again at one or both of our productions.

Many thanks

From LON today

Dear Sir,

I would be obliged if you would kindly explain to me the meaning of your play, The Birthday Party. These are the points which I do not understand:

1. Who are the two men?
2. Where did Stanley come from?
3. Were they all supposed to be normal?

You will appreciate that without the answers to my questions, I cannot fully understand your play.

Yours faithfully,

[Redacted]

----------------------

Dear Madam,

I would be obliged if you would kindly explain to me the meaning of your letter. These are the points which I do not understand:

1. Who are you?
2. Where do you come from?
3. Are you supposed to be normal?

You will appreciate that without the answers to my questions, I cannot fully understand your letter.

Yours faithfully,

Harold Pinter

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back