that dude who used to busk on grafton st (1 Viewer)

mr pharmacist!!!!1

back in the 90's there was this american dude in his late 40's/early 50's who used to always be busking on grafton st.
Played the blues but he had some device he built that fitted over the strings of his guitar that let him pick the strings.
Jacob biscuits used him and one of his songs for a radio ad back in the day.

Anyone remember his name/what happened to him?

I remember the guy..no idea of his name or other partic's.
I think the device was a 'pianoforte guitar'....some googling threw that up and it sounds familiar enough from conversations a bunch of us had at the time about his awesome instrument (<- edit: if i were gay that'd be a killer double entendre but it will have to remain a mildly humourous edit)

keyed%20english%20guitar.jpg

this is the only pic i could find.

wiki have a grafton st page w 'notable buskers': Hansard, Casey, Rice, Savage....but no freaky-guitar man.

I remember the guy..no idea of his name or other partic's.
I think the device was a 'pianoforte guitar'....some googling threw that up and it sounds familiar enough from conversations a bunch of us had at the time about his awesome instrument (<- edit: if i were gay that'd be a killer double entendre but it will have to remain a mildly humourous edit)

View attachment 6959

this is the only pic i could find.

wiki have a grafton st page w 'notable buskers': Hansard, Casey, Rice, Savage....but no freaky-guitar man.

rocky dennis, nice one!

who the hell are all those people?? any of them still drawing thumped breath?

a few i'd say. I never knew anyone much off thumped in person, except moose and afew others, i knew moose for years without knowing he was on thumped, and we are basically neighbours. rookie mistake.

I used to love the way he spent at least as much time explaining how his instrument worked to curious bystanders as he did playing it

The funniest thing about that old thread is how everyone was so enraged by Dave McSavage. One of Thumped's constants

Rocky's not dead is he? Haven't seen him since I moved out of dublin 2006. He often randomly pops into my head. proper undercover legend. he invented that harpsiplucker attachment thing, and made it himself (he had a few versions). He told me he was trying to sell the idea to a company in the 70s/80s but before he could some dodgy 'friend' of his patented his idea before he did. Supposedly he could hand build upright pianos in his youth. He was getting more blind by the day when I saw him last

I think he might be, but don't take my word for that. He used to come in to a studio I worked in and tune and maintain their fender rhodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back