Thank fuck it rained! (1 Viewer)

LamStock

Website
www.bringyourownrecords.tk
punks picnic off

people turned up to ill advised and badly organised PFI gig

just wanted to mention one thing.. to the people who COMPLAINED when i tried to get money off them... i dropped the door price from 3 to 2euros (or a donation)...

and still people would blatently say no, i mean i could give a fuck, i wouldn't throw anyone out of a gig if they couldn't afford it, but it was as if i was asking for their kidney...

also the people who asked what was it in aid of...

or the people who questioned what expenses i had putting on the gig...

for fuck sake we put on a completly free gig only 3 weeks ago, myself and SeanR don't want to make ANY money off gigs, we just want to do them... money made (an f'n fortune) managed to cover a pint for every band member that played... which is nice at least

thanks for everyone that turned up and gives a fuck

kisses all round

=Lam=

Gotta say it was the most fun gig in ages, esp the crowd participation and in part that was to do with the picnic crowd who were well oiled arriving at the gig :)

Pics in a while

ty btw Lam and SeanB(lunt)

West of Ireland fisherman who plays in a successful Dublin band

Baby Dave

Damo from Mongolia proving that cutting out Peter Marks to save money just doesn't work

Mongolia who did quite a rousing version of Paranoid

Mongolia in vocal shocker :eek:

Women do prefer on top...........

Worlds biggest Punk pyramid!

Didn't get any bigger :(

Punk strongmen Mickey and Bryneos show their mettle

Bassist joins the Elevation tour

Mickey proves to Cormac that Sure does indeed last 24 hours

Eoin Complan

Spot the vocalist

HERE I AM!

just wanted to mention one thing.. to the people who COMPLAINED when i tried to get money off them... i dropped the door price from 3 to 2euros (or a donation)...
and still people would blatently say no, i mean i could give a fuck, i wouldn't throw anyone out of a gig if they couldn't afford it, but it was as if i was asking for their kidney...
also the people who asked what was it in aid of...
or the people who questioned what expenses i had putting on the gig...
I must be missing something here. Why would you take any shit from people who didn't want to pay e2 into a gig?

Cos he let them in 1st lol........also maybe people assumed it was free and also he asked for the money too late in proberley.

Next time if I was he I would advertise the token entry fee of 2-3 euro on forum here and then take the money about 15 mins into the show....so to speak

Right, basically what happened was that Lam was surprised with a nice little 3 hour work shift that dragged till 9pm. The gear was all in his gaff so I couldn't go get it so we waited till he got off. When we got to the venue and started loading the gear in, there were already people in there waiting for the gig to start (they were there early anyway like) so we just decided that we'd do a little run around and ask people to throw money into the box. It was supposed to be €3 in but we didn't start collecting money for ages so Lam just went around with a box and asked for "€2 or a donation" which led to some people paying 2 quid and some paying 60cents. Either way, grand! But like, people goin "I'm not paying" or "Why, what are your expenses?". Some of these people know me and Lam personally and know we ain't looking to make billions off of punk gigs so it was a little shite to say shit like that. Everyone who played got a fiver. Our friend Chris did all the gear transport for free. That's where the money went.

I had loadsa fun!

I asked if you were paying the venue but more out of curiousity rather than stingyness. I paid like. Do hope I didnt offend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back