Ten Past Seven Want To Record New Music (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter OOAL
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1

OOAL

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
All the detals are over here: http://www.fundit.ie/project/ten-past-seven-want-to-record-new-music

In bullet points:
TP7 want to utilise binaural and surround sound recording techniques to record 3 track EP (25 mins)
Recording to take place in Black Box, France
Release will be as a not-for-profit release w/ OOAL
Downloads available for free afterwards
Need some dosh to make it happen.
We want you to part of this.
:heart:

it's the way to go but i think people need to be realistic about their funding targets / timescales.

It's not that god tbh. Doesn't take that long to set up an account though. And we always like new peeps on the board!

The idea of raising funds yourself is fine but maybe people should be looking to put the funds into buying recording gear and learning how to use it to craft what they want. It'll be harder work than having an engineer on hand all the time sure but as long as you knuckle on you can record all the music you want.
You'll always have more time than money.

i set up an account anyways. on what part of that board will i find out how to sort a gig or two in galway?

Stick a message in the local gigs part. Hopefully somebody will help you set something, depending on the type of music.... If the lads aren't into it hopefully they can send you in the right direction!

pete - There's always the temptation with something new like this to ask for as much as possible! From our perspective the target we set is nothing more than the cost of the project. In fact initially fundit were pushing us to ask for more. I think the relevance of timescales on something like this is fairly negligible. If folk feel that a campaign is something they would like to contribute to then the time constraints shouldn't be an issue. <br><br>@conhick - That's good to hear! Thanks for spreading the wordings. <br><br>Thanks to everyone who's funded this so far. I can tell you all smell delicious.

So what do folk make of this crowd funding business? Interesting post on the Harmless Noise blog about it.
http://harmlessnoise.entertainment....to-nina-hynes-arguing-the-value-of-fundit-ie/

I've been on the fence about it for a while. its a newish idea to me so i suppose its really easy to just be cynical straight off, as all new things are bad. I cant get how anyone can be cynical about it really though - i could post a pile of links about how record labels have screwed musicians over the years and then tried to recoup tenfold what is spent on making the record off the people who like the music. This cuts out the middleman and is 100% transparent.

The idea of raising funds yourself is fine but maybe people should be looking to put the funds into buying recording gear and learning how to use it to craft what they want. It'll be harder work than having an engineer on hand all the time sure but as long as you knuckle on you can record all the music you want. You'll always have more time than money.

Fair Point, and thats more or less what i've done - however i dont think everyone should have to become an engineer just to make music. there are people out there who really only will ever understand playing music and technical stuff just doesn't work for them. thats why very technical people should build nice studios and move faders around, they are way better at it than songwriters.

conhick;14124 87 said:
Stick a message in the local gigs part. Hopefully somebody will help you set something, depending on the type of music.... If the lads aren't into it hopefully they can send you in the right direction!

Thanks, got sorted!!

wow, nina hynes raised her money already with 4 or 5 days to go. pretty amazing.
4 days to go for tenpastseven, get spamming lads!

I honestly never thought she would. Fair play.

Hi folks,
This is one the last day and still needs nearly €1,500. Yikes. If you can at all, please do get on board today

For anybody in Cork, Plugd Records will be giving €1 from every €20 taken in this between this Monday and Thursday and you can also fund using cash as opposed to cards there

Only 6hrs to go on this and still about €1300 off the target. Plugd Records in Cork have pledged €1 per every €20 spent in their shop this week so if you are in Cork that is a great way to indirectly help.

Otherwise it would be great to help the lads out by pledging anything you can on the link below. Remember no money gets taken from your account if the target is not reached.

http://www.fundit.ie/project/funders/ten-past-seven-want-to-record-new-music

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back