Tell me a joke thread (1 Viewer)

Yeah. I never heard the XTC song before which was good actually.
my brother is a big FNM fan so I should know Everything's Ruined' but can't remember it and I even saw them in 1993 at Dalymount. I definitely never saw the video before.

there was a lot of early hardcore punk songs dealing with avoiding going from being a teen to becoming the head of a 'hardworking family'. e.g. 'Suburban Wasteland' by ARTIFICIAL PEACE or 'Life's Process' by THE NIHILISTICS.

Being in a (long term) relationship or being a parent can be extremely rewarding BUT what society asks of people (working long hours, mortgage etc) is cruel beyond words.
I'd rather have lots of friends than concentrate any kindness I have mostly on just a few people.

plus I'm useless, lazy, ugly as sin and prefer chilling out on my own.

I saw FNM twice on that tour, they were so much fun live. A real antidote to so much of the music I was listening to at the time (mostly death and grind stuff...some of which I'm still mad about, but there was a lot of time and money wasted on crap in there too). I was sceptical about the reunion, but I was wrong...I'm bummed every time I think of it. Shoulda gone. Mike Bordin is still one of my favourite drummers. They introduced me to Killing Joke and Roxy Music, for which I owe them a lot. I actually went to Ozzfest that time when Ozzy cancelled, Bordin was druming on that tour, he was about 90% of the reason I went. great day despite the Ozzlessness.
I agree with the second last paragraph...it seems to work fine for most people, but it's not for me. I'm not designed for any of it. I left what was hopefully my last fulltime salaryman job about 2 years ago. If I had stayed I'm fairly sure I would have blown a valve by now. I miss the money. I miss any money, actually :)

I saw FNM twice on that tour, they were so much fun live. A real antidote to so much of the music I was listening to at the time (mostly death and grind stuff...some of which I'm still mad about, but there was a lot of time and money wasted on crap in there too). I was sceptical about the reunion, but I was wrong...I'm bummed every time I think of it. Shoulda gone. Mike Bordin is still one of my favourite drummers. They introduced me to Killing Joke and Roxy Music, for which I owe them a lot. I actually went to Ozzfest that time when Ozzy cancelled, Bordin was druming on that tour, he was about 90% of the reason I went. great day despite the Ozzlessness.
I agree with the second last paragraph...it seems to work fine for most people, but it's not for me. I'm not designed for any of it. I left what was hopefully my last fulltime salaryman job about 2 years ago. If I had stayed I'm fairly sure I would have blown a valve by now. I miss the money. I miss any money, actually :)
Funnily enough I was getting into hardcore in summer 1993 and shortly after was listening to grind like AGATHOCLES, CRIPPLE BASTARDS, ANARCHUS, VIOLENT HEADACHE, REGURGITATE, ROT, PATARENI, ASSUCK, EXTREME SMOKE, ARSEDESTROYER and some other lovely bands.

Love old KILLING JOKE. Early incarnation of FAITH NO MORE - FAITH NO MAN sounds very K.J.

Here's a joke I made up aged 9 or 10.
Why did the chicken NOT cross the road ?
Because it was a zebra crossing.

I owe you money!

try this for yourselves, I dunno. Personally it made me absolutely break my shit.

Pick up a half deflated balloon from the night before or what ever. Look at it disappointedly, and say tut tut, you've really let yourself down mate.

Last edited:
Dunno where else to put this, but I can't let it not be committed to record:

Yesterday I was wherking at The Gherkin, setting up a birthday party for the partner of a rich person. 26 years old.

So we were all to each other like "what was your 26th birthday like, compared to this madness?"'
Someone said "I didn't have my party in the Gherkin, that's for sure".
I said "I don't remember my 26th. It wasn't at the Gherkin, but I'm sure I got myself into some kind of pickle!"

I'm quite proud of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back