Teethgrinding (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
I ended up in the dental hospital last week thinking my nervous system was trying to crawl out my teeth. After doing a full head x-ray and asking some questions, the dentist concluded that I had been grinding my teeth so hard during the previous night that I had caused myself considerable short-term damage. It was fucking agonising.

After a day or two, the pain subsided into something akin to how you feel if you took 50 E's and scatted for five hours and gave yourself whiplash at the same time. That pain lasted for about a week. I had no idea you could fuck yourself up that badly.

Watch out for stress injuries. Sleep with one eye open.

Teethgrindercover.jpg

I ended up in the dental hospital last week thinking my nervous system was trying to crawl out my teeth. After doing a full head x-ray and asking some questions, the dentist concluded that I had been grinding my teeth so hard during the previous night that I had caused myself considerable short-term damage. It was fucking agonising.

After a day or two, the pain subsided into something akin to how you feel if you took 50 E's and scatted for five hours and gave yourself whiplash at the same time. That pain lasted for about a week. I had no idea you could fuck yourself up that badly.

Watch out for stress injuries. Sleep with one eye open.

Teethgrindercover.jpg

So do you have to get a splint thing made or what?
I was told to but i dont want to!

I used to do this

then I got a mouthpiece thingy for when sleeping.

but I wore it down.

then I stopped grinding my teeth and lived happily ever after.

get well soon buzzo

I woke up one morning a few years ago with a mouthful of bits of tooth. My jaw was out of allignment and as I was grinding my teeth in my sleep they were breaking bits off each other on one side of my mouth.

I got one of those plates made, but I chewed holes in it.

Then I went for acupuncture and that solved the jaw problem.

this is pretty freaky.
but the only people i know who grind their teeth in their sleep at night are ladies and pretty much all the people posting to this affect here are womens.

so is this a lady only stress phenomenon and is the male equivalent sleep boxing the wall?

this is pretty freaky.
but the only people i know who grind their teeth in their sleep at night are ladies and pretty much all the people posting to this affect here are womens.

so is this a lady only stress phenomenon and is the male equivalent sleep boxing the wall?

Maybe you don't sleep with enough men to get a reasonable sample size ;)

Sleep boxing seems to be pretty common. I've been punched in my sleep a few times.

Thanks for all the sympathy and well wishes folks. It only got really bad in the days leading up to my thesis submission. Worst of it is over. Since then it's back to same ol tension, except I never noticed the tension before, but now I'm aware of it, it's so obvious! Achey breaky face in the mornins.

So do you have to get a splint thing made or what?
I was told to but i dont want to!

I was told to. Fuck that shit. I already have false teeth. No more foreign bodies in ma mooth.

Then I went for acupuncture and that solved the jaw problem.

I might try this.

Maddo- I is John and Jrad are both lads as far as I know. Me and Skiggler are lasses. You're gonna have to learn the difference between boys and girls before you go touting your high-falutin gendered stress manifestation theories round here.

Maybe you don't sleep with enough men to get a reasonable sample size ;)

i'll wait for you to hand in your results* then ;)

sleep boxing is a pretty hazardous pasttime though, considering the only damage done with grinding teeth is to yourself, throwing a few dreamtime digs can pretty much do yourself and your bedbuddy a serious damage.

*source based purely on heresay and fabricated evidence

Guy I used to work with used to grind his teeth in his sleep, it would fuck him up so he wouldn't be able to go to work or anything when he'd been doing it, he'd get these mad headaches and all sorts of shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back