Talking about drugs with yer kids (2 Viewers)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Talking about the basics of sex is grand when your wife's a biologist. What about drugs though? My eldest is going into 6th class now, and apparently kids start to come into contact with booze and weed and pills more or less at their first secondary school disco. The "drugs are bad m'kay" line is a lie, and my own (very limited) experiences have been almost entirely positive, so ...

I've pointed out that some drugs are much more dangerous than others, and also said it's a good idea to learn to have fun as an adult without intoxicants first. Afraid to talk too much about it in case I get asked if I ever took drugs, and then I'd either have to lie or implicitly endorse drug-taking. Or refuse to answer, I spose

Anyway - any thoughts?

Just tell them to share with you and bring you along

Clubbing_Various_1-543629.jpeg

My folks told me nothing. I missed out on three good years of drug taking over it. If anything point them to good factual resources and maybe that site that warns about bad shit?

i'll probably just skip to 1:40 of this and leave the rest up to them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wish someone had told me that no, that isn't an acid trip, that is you losing your mind, get help.

But heyho

LOL, and eh so where does the oul cocaine come from them, Mr The Economist reporter lad? Healthy well-run community beneficial economic production model, is it?
Free market cocaine is still a free market. The Economist has never seen an economy it didn't want to liberalize down the barrel of a gun.

I can't remember to the old joke about it, something along the lines of posh British 22 year olds writing for 60 year old Americans. But, you know, funny.

LOL, and eh so where does the oul cocaine come from them, Mr The Economist reporter lad? Healthy well-run community beneficial economic production model, is it?
If it was legalised maybe it'd end up being run by big pharma. Hardly "healthy", but better than what we have now. Would take a v long time to get there though

Coca Cola still uses coca leaves where they remove the cocaine from the leaves (like decaffeinating coffee), they use the leaves then for flavour and the extracted cocaine is used in the pharmaceutical industry. I don’t know if they own the coca farms in South America but the processing is done in the US.

Coca Cola still uses coca leaves where they remove the cocaine from the leaves (like decaffeinating coffee), they use the leaves then for flavour and the extracted cocaine is used in the pharmaceutical industry. I don’t know if they own the coca farms in South America but the processing is done in the US.
LOL, the kind of cocaine people like sticking up their noses isn't naturally present in lines magnitude in a coca leaf

LOL, the kind of cocaine people like sticking up their noses isn't naturally present in lines magnitude in a coca leaf
You think drug lords can turn a profit by making it synthetically? It’s a lot cheaper and easier to extract it from leaves (pro tip: use more than one leaf!) and that’s where most cocaine comes from. Similarly, that’s why medicinal cocaine comes from Coca Cola’s unused cocaine rather than from a lab. I was just pointing out that a legal route for cocaine already exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back