Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden (1988) (1 Viewer)

After streaming this every week or two since first hearing it on Thumped Album Club, I bought the LP yesterday. This is such an amazing album.

Dipped into Laughing Stock a couple of times, also good but need to spend more time with it. It didn't suck me in like this one.
Two great albums, Spirit is an absolute gem.

this an interesting interview with dude that worked on spirit of eden. references it quite a bit. must check out his book

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

His book is great, the chapters on Talk Talk are fantastic, full of all the information you'd want about the recording of Spirt of Eden and Laughing Stock.

I didn't know that Hollis had a solo album (though it could well have been mentioned in this thread earlier). Must check that out later.
Yes, it's just called Mark Hollis. Really good and worth a listen. Much quieter,more contemplative than the last 2 Talk Talk albums.

nearly the anniversary of this being on album club.

it popped into my head the other day cos of the talk about the anniversary of the regency shooting. I listened to this on repeat that week. At the time I was working up in Fairview, and the backdrop was closed roads, garda checkpoints, shootings, all very rock and roll.

Gonna listen again now.

Listening to this again. It's still far, FAR, too tasteful and i'm still expecting Sting to break in at any moment, but there's no denying it's perfectly crafted and good, meditative, music. Did they ever work with David Sylvian, I suppose he's more into the improv side of this kind of music but there's a similarity in the seriousness of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back