Swiss Accidentally Invade Liechtenstein, Nobody Notices (1 Viewer)

Nazi Germany didn't invade them cos they're fookin hard as nails. They essentially are a citizen army. Hardscore.

The only reason the Krauts didn't invade is because of the banks. Everyone needs banks. Always the money. Where else where they to hide their loot?

Citizen armies aren't worth a wank.

"I can't invade today...I have to shut up shop for that. And it's my busiest day...."

Not true. Although that was an element the Nazis would have swept in and kept the banks going if they could but they couldn't cos it was too hard a nut to crack.

Hang on. They took on the Soviet Union but were afraid of Switzerland? Hello!

It's a bit like the Romans and Oireland. No interest. They had nothing they needed. Nothing. All they had was cheese and clocks. And the Krauts made their own, admittedly inferior, versions of both.

A train full of Jewish refugee's was bound for Switzerland during the war (Or maybe just before the war, I'm not exactly sure). It got into Switzerland and was then rerouted to a concentration camp.
All the "Nazi Gold" is still in Switzerland, money stolen from Jews during the war. The general concensus is that the swiss weren't unsympathetic to the Nazi cause. That's why they were left alone. I've never heard any other reason than that.

There's a book called the Holocaust Industry which is concerned with the holocaust and the swiss banks. It's very interesting, and argues that much of the claims for redress need to be looked at much more closely.

Hang on. They took on the Soviet Union but were afraid of Switzerland? Hello!

It's a bit like the Romans and Oireland. No interest. They had nothing they needed. Nothing. All they had was cheese and clocks. And the Krauts made their own, admittedly inferior, versions of both.

The Swiss had the Brenner Pass mined so that if the German's invaded they'd blow it the fuck up and the Germans wouldn't be able to get shit through to Italy by train.

Also, the Swiss planned to abandon the cities and take to the mountains to fight a guerilla war. That would have been hard to crack.

Hitler left the Swiss alone because it suited him to do so, as long as they played ball, which they did. And they didn't do that because they were all nazi sympathisers. It suited Hitler to have an economic and trading route through a "neutral" country. If Germany had decided to invade, the Swiss would have run for the hills as was pointed out. And yes, it would have been a nuisance. They were hardly the Soviet War Machine. It wouldn't have taken the Germans long to get through any blockage. It's what they did. They also had air superiority at the time.

Hitler never intended to go near Switzerland in the same way he wanted no ruck with the Brits.

That's my opinion. Some historians will disagree with that and some will agree with it. So, lads, yeah, I'll shut up now because it's obvious that you haven't a clue what you're on about 'cos all you've done is just read a non-detailed article on wikipedia, which more or less agrees with me. Did you even read the thing?

Hitler left the Swiss alone because it suited him to do so, as long as they played ball, which they did. And they didn't do that because they were all nazi sympathisers. It suited Hitler to have an economic and trading route through a "neutral" country. If Germany had decided to invade, the Swiss would have run for the hills as was pointed out. And yes, it would have been a nuisance. They were hardly the Soviet War Machine. It wouldn't have taken the Germans long to get through any blockage. It's what they did. They also had air superiority at the time.

Hitler never intended to go near Switzerland in the same way he wanted no ruck with the Brits.

That's my opinion. Some historians will disagree with that and some will agree with it. So, lads, yeah, I'll shut up now because it's obvious that you haven't a clue what you're on about 'cos all you've done is just read a non-detailed article on wikipedia, which more or less agrees with me. Did you even read the thing?

I read the thing. It doesn't say that there was a comfortable arrangement between Switzerland and Germany. The Swiss are scared shitless of all their neighbours!

Germany would have had a very tough job invading Switzerland. If they decided that they should concentrate on it, then yes... they would have taken it over relatively quickly (maybe in a year). But they simply would not have been able to over-run Switzerland while fighting both Britain and Russia.

The geography of Switzerland makes it nearly impossible to invade. On top of that, they have a very strong military history (it's where the Pope has traditionally got his elite guard from). Every Swiss citizen has to take two years military service. They have a very real military presence in the country. And they have very sophisticated ways of mobilizing people.

So when you think about it, they have a very tough army, a very mountainous terrain that their army are more used to than any other and world-class organisation. Afterall, they were mobilized to defend themselves against the Germans in three days. It took the Russians at least a year (closer to two)!

And the Luftwaffe would have been useless in the Alps. Think about it!

Germany would have been stuck in mountain war if they invaded Switzerland which would have drained resources.
Thinking about it, maybe they should have attacked them. It would have helped the rest of Europe.

yeah... germany didn't invade because they didn't need to.
It probably would have been tricky, like billy was saying. More tricky than you might think, but Germany had a very big stick to wave at them. They didn't need to go blowing the place up, in fact they needed the train lines to run freely through the country and the place to function, so they can ship the jews / gypsies etc.
They could have just shut the country out, killed all the supply lines, starved them, and so on. But, that would have created angry people, wasted troops, and time.

The Swiss were quite co-operative with the Germans, they could hardly done much more other than actually make munitions and fight for them. Hitler knew the vast amounts of cash being pumped into the place would placate them also. And the Swiss were in a win win situation, the Germans win, sound, we were there for you all the time.
The Allies win, oh right, we ehh, had no choice. Obviously. What were we meant to do against that lot?

It would have also sort of gone against Hitlers ideals, they are an Aryan people. He was apparently quite unhappy about killing all the Englishers. He didn't mind that lot, and was a little surprised that they took such offense to the stirling work he was doing in mainland europe.

So, lads, yeah, I'll shut up now

Oh the sweet, blessed relief...

because it's obvious that you haven't a clue what you're on about 'cos all you've done is just read a non-detailed article on wikipedia, which more or less agrees with me. Did you even read the thing?

...that I thought I was going to get when it seemed like you would shut up, but then you didn't. Plus ça change.

Do you think 'Operation Tannenbaum' was going to involve multiple units of the Wehrmacht sneaking into Switzerland dressed as Christmas trees?

We can only hope.

"Fuck, it's the Germans!"

DancingChristmasTrees.jpg

"The geography of Switzerland makes it nearly impossible to invade."

Hitler to the General Staff:

"Ok meine friends, we may have overrun Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Holland, Yugoslavia, Luxembourg, France, Albania, Greece, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, large portions of North Africa and almost all of European Russia whilst inflicting nearly 11 million military casualties on Russia alone but fuck me, let's not invade Switzerland, they have mountains and a proud military history."

I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back