Present
Swans
Special Guest
Josephine Foster accompanied by Gyda Valtysdottir
thurs aug 15
Button Factory
Doors 7.30
Tickets €24 From Tickets.ie/umack, Sound Cellar, Elastic Witch & Into The Void

"Despite what you might have heard or presumed, my quest is to spread light and joy through the world" - M. Gira

Swans return to the Button Factory on Thursday August 15. After releasing the best album of last year "The Seer", the band are better than they have ever been. Their live performances can only be described as epic. This gig is not to be missed

See Swans in Action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R31AWhv02Y

saw them tonight in edinburgh, great gig. small venue and i got a spot right against the front of the stage no problem.
it felt like a short set when they finished but it had actually been close to 2 hours.

points of interest:

-thor harris handed round cans of deuchar's IPA to thirsty bandmembers before they started

-michael gira told a story about playing a gig in berlin in the 80s where a disco was starting in the venue as they were packing up, when the bass player, trying to make his way drunkenly through the aggressively disco-dancing germans, lay down on his back and projectile-vomited straight up into the air

-they all held hands in a row and did three deep bows like the cast of a panto before leaving the stage

They're one of the best live bands in the world at the moment, it's really lucky they're coming here, anyone who can afford to should go

Looking forward to this. Think I'll bring the earplugs.
Any of the 6 gigs that u:mack was due to announce?

Dublin show was mindblowing. And eardrum-blowing. Another great one @u:m! I'd be going to see them in Cork tonight I could.

I was a bit underwhelmed at the start but got more and more into it as time went on. The last 40 minutes or so were just amazing. Loved the way he "conducts" the band. I also was idly thinking of getting the train down to Cork today ...

Excellent gig, support act Joesphine Foster was good as well though it was hard to hear her at times due to the loudness of the crowd chatter. Gira conducting the band towards the end of the gig was a highlight for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back