Sure is windy! (1 Viewer)

It's not just me is it? I heard there was a bit of a storm on the way but in no way did I get a sense that it was going to be this bad.

A guy in front of me did a u-turn when he saw the downed tree and power line partially blocking the road. Not me, I live for this type of danger.

I heard "status orange weather alert" and took that to mean it could be fairly bad. I feel cheated out of a day off. There are a few large could-kill-you branches down beside the bus stops on Kildare street next to the museum and people standing beside them under the trees waiting for their bus

I heard "status orange weather alert" and took that to mean it could be fairly bad. I feel cheated out of a day off. There are a few large could-kill-you branches down beside the bus stops on Kildare street next to the museum and people standing beside them under the trees waiting for their bus

we were gonna be off if it was red alerts. I think they kinda botched this one.

the most important thing is to go on twitter and complain that the alert was either too severe or not severe enough. Its probably a fine balance between crying wolf and people being morons.

I thought the days of trampolines were over but two weeks ago my wife bought a massive bastard trampoline. Not only did it take me 2 days to put together, I just wasted all morning securing it in its "blown away almost hit the neighbour's house" position. Now its all bent out of shape. We've just wasted another hour rescuing it and securing it again. I suppose I'll try to fix it when the wind stops.

you could make apple chutney. someone kept giving me kilos of guavas last year and all i could think of was stewed guavas which weren't that nice. then i thought of guava chutney and found a recipe and it was delicious to have on cheese. this year i got no guavas and am very disappointed.

you could make apple chutney. someone kept giving me kilos of guavas last year and all i could think of was stewed guavas which weren't that nice. then i thought of guava chutney and found a recipe and it was delicious to have on cheese. this year i got no guavas and am very disappointed.

i know a man with some apples

My Da pruned his apple tree last winter..I thought he'd made an absolute bollix of it..was looking pretty fucked up.
You should see the amount of apples on it this year! Well,they're all over the garden now.Hundreds of them.
Nice apples too.

I went swimming there cos it was too windy to cycle or run and the power had gone.
Its wild up here although it seems to be calming down a bit now. Poxy wind

It's a little scary here in my shed/office today. I've also realised there are draughts everywhere in here. No wonder I have a wasp problem. Maybe this wild will blow them out of it though.

0457574-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back