Superwolf! (1 Viewer)

Kid Lovebeach

Website
nickthinks.wordpress.com
what a fuckin album! bought this on monday morning along with lcd soundsystem, joan of arse(distant hearts) and 1 of the new bright eyes ones and havent had a chance to give them a proper listen yet, cant stop playing superwolf.
anyone know what other stuff matt sweeney has done(apart from zwan)?

Dutchy said:
what a fuckin album! bought this on monday morning along with lcd soundsystem, joan of arse(distant hearts) and 1 of the new bright eyes ones and havent had a chance to give them a proper listen yet, cant stop playing superwolf.

chavez. deadly buzz.

Dutchy said:

Wasn't he in Chavez?

He was part of a band with Oldham when he played in Whelans years ago and it was deadly. Really rocky. Way better than any other Oldham gig I've seen ....

Dutchy said:
Bonnie prince will oldham wrote the words and sings and plays bass , i would happily do a swop, the man is a lovly guitar player. pm me yr address and i'll whack a copy in the post soon.

ah ok, i think i heard some of this in hag's house. how/where was it recorded? it's sounds very low fi, like he did it in his basement. it's not at all like chavez, chavez is very rock, very well produced with some really amazing guitar playing/drumming. you may not be into it, but i'm still on for a swap.

I dunno, i'm slightly underwhelmed at the moment.sweeney's guitaring is amazing, he musta been saving a good few of those gems for quite a while i bet.but bonny billy hasn't been up to scratch for me lately.the first two songs are good the last few are even better but overall it hasn't amazed me.

this is really weird dutchy, I bought this and LCD on monday too.i'll say the same about that, good but not as good as i expected it to be.

oh and chavez.|..|

hermie said:
I dunno, i'm slightly underwhelmed at the moment.sweeney's guitaring is amazing, he musta been saving a good few of those gems for quite a while i bet.but bonny billy hasn't been up to scratch for me lately.the first two songs are good the last few are even better but overall it hasn't amazed me.

this is really weird dutchy, I bought this and LCD on monday too.i'll say the same about that, good but not as good as i expected it to be.

oh and chavez.|..|

you must be clinically insane hermie. havent heard an album in ages thats sucked me in as quickly as superwolf. each to their own i suppose.
i'll agree wit you on LCD, good but i cant imagine myself listening to it much.
read some chavez reviews, looking foward to hearing them

Dutchy said:
you must be clinically insane hermie. havent heard an album in ages thats sucked me in as quickly as superwolf. each to their own i suppose.
i'll agree wit you on LCD, good but i cant imagine myself listening to it much.
read some chavez reviews, looking foward to hearing them

as lovely an album as it is, there are a few duff moments such as the end of track 4 when it goes all arena rock! A lovely song ruined. Tis a million times better than that god awful greatest hits thing tho

ooo I really love this album. I really liked I See A Darkness and Ease down the Road (even if he was all happy n stuff on the later) but I was totally underwhelmed by Master and Everyone so this is back to the usual level of BPB brilliance. Still sounds suspiciously like a Will solo album though but Sweeney's guitars are really nice.

SG

Dutchy said:
Bonnie prince will oldham wrote the words and sings and plays bass , i would happily do a swop, the man is a lovly guitar player. pm me yr address and i'll whack a copy in the post soon.

just got the cd, damn those postmen are fast! thanks mr.
i'm sending yours today.

Bought this yesterday. Listened to it twice last night. Not too impressed. The second last song (really long one with looping guitar line and sample woman talking at end) is amazing but the rest of it ..... zzzzzzzzzzz ..... Viva Last Blues is the best Will Oldham and i was hoping it would sound like that. Most of it is just electric guitar and voice. Could they not have got a drummer in at least!!!

hugh said:
The second last song (really long one with looping guitar line and sample woman talking at end) is amazing but the rest of it ..... zzzzzzzzzzz .....

i'm listening to that track right now, not my favourite i'd have to say.
it's all together a little slow for me, some really nice lyrics now and then.
a couple of the guitar melodies (1st track and 4th i think) sound very similar to some songs from that mali cd that i love. it's very pleasant stuff, i'd be more of a chavez girl though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back