sunn o))) (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

flickin thru terrorizer in easons yesterday got me all of a fluster - review of 'white2' - didn't even realise this was about to come out - downloaded it - totally amazing. track with atilla who sang on 'de mysteriis dom sathanas' (by tommy lee's rock/hip hop crossover Methods of Mayhem) is amazing - shit is coming out on vinyl on 21st of the next with bonus track feat atilla again. holdin out for that. they're defo still moving away from their Earth2 vibe. czech it out, homies.

interview with 'em in terrorizer and an invisible jukebox with stephen o'malley in wire. kinda weird seeing abruptum gettin mentioned in wire but it's all good.

meet me after the show, guys

andrew

well yes and now...macro level, yeah it's sunn...micro, not really - they've progressed a lot...i think anyway.
t'quote g.anderson "all our first three albums were stylistically similar, if we made another record like that, just a bunch of riffs with piles and piles of guitars on it, it woudl be a bit overkill. we made that album - three times" - man having magazines beside you makes for some good accurate quotin.

think the vocal additions on white1 + 2 have been amazing - rune whatever from thor's hammer singin that norweigan folk song...ah man meltin my heart away..even julian copes fruity poem grew on me.
the first track on 'white2' is actually pretty sparse and v. dissimilar to any previous sunn stuff...

man i haven't gotten monged and listened to sunn in so long...

andrew

the cope track is on 'white1' - man just hit up soundcellar and buy em both at once
i think it's kinda cool that they take the robe wearing shit seriously...
ps - anyone who saw them at atp or anywhere else, i hate you and want you to die
later,

andrew

white2-sunncomp.jpg

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?merchID=14224

rothko said:
Of course

nah they do - means they can't see their dorko fanbase when they play and helps them get in the zone...and they seem big into their spiritual ceremonial live buzz too....ok dawn smithson was in in jessamine with rex ritter

andrew

I'm busting to hear White 2 but am refusing to download it. I'll be seeing a couple of their release gigs in New York all being well. They're playing with Comets On Fire and Hidden Hand. .|..|

The ad for WHITE2 states that it is 'optimized for blackened sub-bass systems'. Is this just a joke or a description of an actual audio setup?

What is Terrorizer? Is it a zine?

sunn always have shit like that...i'm saving up to get the grimmest record player made of bone to play it proper.

re: terrorizer - www.terrorizer.co.uk
Terrorizer is the world's number one magazine for extreme music of ANY kind. Whether it's Metal, Hardcore or Industrial, we aim to include it and write about it. That means: Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal/Grindcore, Doom/Stoner Metal, Hardcore, Punk, Industrial, Noise, Ambient/ Experimental Gothic and more that we've probably forgotten about right now. We've been going over 100 issues, which come out monthly and are distributed world-wide [view agents], including to the UK, USA, Australia and EC. That makes us one of the longest-running and most widely available magazines on extreme music around

there ya go
andrew

Look at my man checkin' MORPHOSIS!Hail and Kill brothers...shame that fucking cd never came out.Pete, surely you could whip up some sorta fancy shmzncy Morphs website with the tunes up for download.

O' Malleyites..The 30 seconds I heard of the "white 2" track was probably better than anything else I've heard this year,Attilla brings the house down.I should be getting a soundboard recording of a KHANATE set in the near future should anyone want it..I'll see what I can do.

On a similarly doomy buzz, just got the new ESOTERIC, which is pretty crushing too.Andy, I will sort out a copy for you along with that Sol Axis demo ASAP.Oh, and I have some cdrs for you for that BM stuff.

Just curious, anyone heard MOON)))?

needtokill said:
Look at my man checkin' MORPHOSIS!Hail and Kill brothers...shame that fucking cd never came out.Pete, surely you could whip up some sorta fancy shmzncy Morphs website with the tunes up for download.
I think some things are best left to nostalgia...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back