Summer transfer window 2014 (1 Viewer)

Arsenal

Unless we promote a kid we need a new reserve goalie. Fabianski is off and whoever gets him will have someone who has finally turned out to be a good keeper.

Looks almost definite that Sagna is leaving, possibly to Man City. So we're going to need a new right back, Jenkinson basically achieved my main childhood dream yesterday but I don't think he's good enough to be starting for us. Linked with Serge Aurier of Toulouse, as well as 2 right backs from Southampton. Would love Coleman but we've only so much money and we need to buy a good few players this year and any fee to buy him is likely to be prohibitive. Actually, re: Coleman I'm fairly sure no one will make a serious play for him this summer, City are sorted at RB, he's not a Mourihno player and while he's miles better than Rafael United have to spend loads of money in other areas, so he'll just about do.

We had 3 centre backs in the squad last season, we certainly need another, and if Vermaelan leaves we'll need 2.

Time to start phasing Arteta out, he's starting to show his age. I think Flamini was an opportunistic signing last summer to hold us over to this summer after we couldn't get Lars Bender. Been linked with him again, William Carvalho and apparently unsettled Javi Martinez. Schneiderlin too.

We need a striker, the thing is it'll be hard to find a significant upgrade on Giroud without spending a lot of money. Personally if it were up to me and Cavani is available I'd spend whatever it took to get him, there aren't all that many clubs with our money in the market for a striker this summer, and then cut our cloth with the remainder of the money to fill in the other gaps. If we can't upgrade I wouldn't mind having someone like Wilfried Bony as an option.

Podolski might leave this summer too, and Cazorla is going to be 30 this year, I wouldn't mind getting someone in who can play on the left of that 3 in a 4231, perhaps a wide forward rather than a midfielder, who could also play up front. That's an issue that can maybe be kicked down the line and worried about in January/next summer. Lothar Matthaus has been going around telling people that we WILL sign a kid named Josep Drmic.

Apparently we've built up cash reserves of about £120 million in the past few years, so we've money to spend. But that's what Chelsea and City find down the back of their sofa each summer so we have to get the spending right. Basically I'd like us to buy some players who are ready to go now, I'm tired of project signings.

Poccetchino to Spurs. Clearout at Saints? Shame, hate to see a team dismantled by hovering, superendebted vultures.... but on the other hand, I've less scruples when LFC are shopping. yeah I know, it's a hypocritical business.

I am trying to not get het up about it as who fucking knows what really goes on, but Lallana to LFC for £25m sounds ok to me. But Liverpool are (apparently) trying to lowball them, offering £20m. I guess the difference between £20m and £25m is a lot, it's 5/8s of the next Coutinho, but Lallana is a class act and someone else (spurs) will pay £25m if we don't. Right? Anyway, last year it was Mkhitaryan and Willian and Konoplyanka (off to united I suppose) and we nearly won the league anyway. But then again, what's nearly?

Anyway I like Lallana.

yeah, i agree. 25m is a lot but thats your standard good quality, young/very good season in the premiership in the bag price these days. spurs now clearly in the frame for him. does CL season ahead relax pool slightly on their not paying above their value policy of the last year or two? hope they stump up the cash and get him. seems like a perfect fit for the way they're playing now.

Everton

Permanent deals for Lukaku and Barry. It seems Deulafeau is determined to fuck off back to Barca B.

Defensively. Sell Alcaraz and buy fucking anyone. Curtis Davis or Stephen Caulker maybe at this rate I'd even take John O fucking Shea over Alcaraz. Badly need some centre halves. You just can't go through a season with 3 good ones and Alcaraz. Cover for Baines and Coleman would be nice but realistically who would sign for a team with the best full backs in the league ? We can't even pay them well for christ sake.

Midfield we can work with what we have but if we have another Ross Barkley coming through the youth team that'd be swell.

Up front we need a 20 goal a season out and out finisher. We haven't had one since Gary fucking Lineker. I was joking about Klose but that's the type of player we badly need. Michu would fit right in too.

Right now with Lukaku gone we have no strikers. Kone is fucked. The greek is not up to it and that's it. It's fucking ridiculous.

I sort of thought, oh this is good, we are in the CL groups and so it means we will be able to get the players we want. But I've just remembered that during the Benitez years, when we were always in the CL, won it once and came second, we still usually missed out on the best signings (Torres being the exception). I remember Rafa 'wanted' Alves, he went to Barca 6 months later. We were 'linked with' Silva several times, he went to City much much later. There were others, but those are two that I'd heard of and found exciting. Being perennially disappointed in transfers was blamed largely on Parry, then on Hicks and Gillette being skint, notably when we flogged Alonso and Arbeloa for Aquilani and Johnson. Recently it was the lack of CL football to blame and the need to target cheaper, unproven talent. So we missed out on stylish looking players that I'd seen playing for East European Oligarchs in the CL group and the Europa League, like Mkhitaryan and Will.I.An. Well, ok.

Anyway, now we're back, we have a bit of cash to pay for 'proven talent', and I read that the reds are 'strongly interested' in Morena (with Suso offered in part payment, sadly), and are 'in negotiations' for Lallana. Emre Can is a 'distinct possibility' though the deal is 'complicated'. Given that I've heard of all these players, I am trying to remind myself that we will therefore fail to sign any of them, and am resigned to the inevitability of re-signing Ryan Babel on a free the day before the window slams shut.

I sort of thought, oh this is good, we are in the CL groups and so it means we will be able to get the players we want. But I've just remembered that during the Benitez years, when we were always in the CL, won it once and came second, we still usually missed out on the best signings (Torres being the exception). I remember Rafa 'wanted' Alves, he went to Barca 6 months later. We were 'linked with' Silva several times, he went to City much much later. There were others, but those are two that I'd heard of and found exciting. Being perennially disappointed in transfers was blamed largely on Parry, then on Hicks and Gillette being skint, notably when we flogged Alonso and Arbeloa for Aquilani and Johnson. Recently it was the lack of CL football to blame and the need to target cheaper, unproven talent. So we missed out on stylish looking players that I'd seen playing for East European Oligarchs in the CL group and the Europa League, like Mkhitaryan and Will.I.An. Well, ok.

Anyway, now we're back, we have a bit of cash to pay for 'proven talent', and I read that the reds are 'strongly interested' in Morena (with Suso offered in part payment, sadly), and are 'in negotiations' for Lallana. Emre Can is a 'distinct possibility' though the deal is 'complicated'. Given that I've heard of all these players, I am trying to remind myself that we will therefore fail to sign any of them, and am resigned to the inevitability of re-signing Ryan Babel on a free the day before the window slams shut.
Rodgers has spent nearly £100 million ? That's mad.

Players bought by Brendan Rodgers - LFChistory - Stats galore for Liverpool FC!

Christ if we had £100 million.

*Drools then cries solemnly*

Part of Rodgers' new deal is that he decides who comes and goes, apparently, not the xfer committee. A couple of those lads look like comittee, cheapo buys. Hopefully they'll just suck it up. You're a CL team, the other teams aren't going to stand for being lowballed, and rightly so. No team from the most expensive league in the world in the richest club competition in the world should be moaning that lads that were nurtured and blooded by other clubs are expensive.

at least kolo was free.

borini surely a gonner?
I'd say Aspas is the loser here. But Borini will probably go if there's a decent offer. I reckon that it makes a bit of sense, in a squad game, to have four, especially as Bren likes to play 2 at a time. Lambert is an old pro, he gives you plan B, in that he can head the ball and hold it up and doesn't flit about like SAS. Solid finisher, good with penos, good head. There may be some further strategising here: maybe Lambert is bessie mates with the other lads at So'ton?

Anyway, it's an improvement on existing options from the bench. As long as it's the first OF FUCKING MANY QUALITY PLAYERS, then, great. If it's all we get this summer, then fuck that.

But it looks, right now, to be logical. We'll see. Of course, as a Liverpool player, Lambert's now a cert to start ahead of Rooney in the WC.

I think Borini stays unless there's a very good offer. He seems like a Rodgers player to me, he's fast, he prefers the ball on the ground, worked well with him at Chelsea, good attitude, respects his mother, goes a bit mental when he scores, no silly dancing, no sulking, aims for the corner.

I like Lambert too, good touch, tall, loves a cross, bit of a battering ram, strength of character, strength of will, goes goalwards with relentless shining purpose, loves the club, reads the game, loves the kop, did it the hard way, sneaks inside, and most importantly offers something truly terrifying when mourinho parks two buses. aspas can fuck right off.

Yeah surely Lambert is a good signing? Scored loads of goals for a pretty average team, and would be good back-up for Suarez and Sturridge, no? Bit more depth that allows for a bit of rotation with Champions League games to play, and only spending £4 million on him? How's that not a good deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back