Summer stuff for the kids (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Hello
We'll be back in Ireland - near Dublin - in July. It's right at the start of the Summer holidays. Does anyone have any recommendations about summer camps or activities for kids during the holidays in Dublin/Wicklow/Kildare?

My daughter will be 7 so anything for 5 to 12 year-olds.

Thanks!

By far and away the best Summer "camp" that our kid has attended (same age as yours roughly) is the one in Dublin Zoo. They spend a week there, help feed the animals, learn loads of stuff about it. She absolutely loved it. The downsides are that it is expensive (can't remember how much but a cut above most of these things) and its really really popular so it sells out on the day that they open for bookings. That day is this coming Monday. We're sending our one again this year. It might be awkward for you to get to if you are not near the city centre and not for you if you are anti-zoo, but I really recommend it.

There is an "archaeology" one that is ran out of a school in Harolds Cross which is pretty good too. Can't remember the details but could dig them up for you if you are interested.

She went to the sports camp in Trinity college one year as well but didn't like it much as, like me, she's not really the sporty type. There is a good arts/music/drama one in Inchicore but unfortunately it's not running this year.

There's tons of these things all over the place really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back