Suggestions for where a band with no audience might launch an album (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
So Stoat has almost finished re-learning all the songs on our new album and a few old ones, and we wanna book a launch night. Our audience is likely to be pretty small. Current candidate venues (some of which none of us have ever even been in, none of us live in Dublin anymore) are

- East Side Tavern
- Upstairs in Whelan’s
- Bello Bar
- Upstairs in Anseo
- Thomas House
- The Bowery in Rathmines
- The Underground on Dame St
- Stage 19 on Francis St

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments?

Do upstairs in Whelan's still pay to play for the late show? Always a bonus. I would say Anseo is too small for a launch. The Bowery is a daft place but has a decent sound system. Nothing wrong with the Bello Bar. Played Stage 19 a few times recently and there can be a lot of hassle about the noise depending on how loud you intend to be. Was at a gig in the TH for the first time in ages there last week and I'd forgotten what a nice spot it is. East Side Tavern has a new guy running the place as far as I'm aware. Might be worth a look.

I'll be taking over the bookings for Stage 19 within the next couple of days Egg & I'm sure we can accommodate the launch. Previously I've run gigs there myself with a varied line up including Jogging, Guilty Optics, Nome King, Extravision, Girlfriend without any issue regarding noise level. I believe that the noise issue only arose in the early stages of the venues opening & when they began running gigs. Now sound proofed, stage extended, new sound desk, basic backline available etc. Venue would hold about 120 comfortably. Fire me a mail if your interested. That goes for anyone else too that fancies trying a show there

I'll be taking over the bookings for Stage 19 within the next couple of days Egg & I'm sure we can accommodate the launch. Previously I've run gigs there myself with a varied line up including Jogging, Guilty Optics, Nome King, Extravision, Girlfriend without any issue regarding noise level. I believe that the noise issue only arose in the early stages of the venues opening & when they began running gigs. Now sound proofed, stage extended, new sound desk, basic backline available etc. Venue would hold about 120 comfortably. Fire me a mail if your interested. That goes for anyone else too that fancies trying a show there
Nice spot. Is there still the open jam session on a Wednesday I think it was?

Is stage 19 aka The Tivoli Backstage?

I like that place. Bar needs to up its beer game but decent little set up. Played a gig there and it was pretty loud

Bar is been upgraded, new craft beer selection, cocktails & so on. The whole interior has also been upgraded. Looks fantastic inside now.

Had a pint in there last night, poor selection of beers

The new owners are only taking over the bar from this coming Monday so I'm sure the previous owners are allowing the kegs to run down & beer selection/ Try it again in the coming weeks & I'm sure you'll find it more favorable.

The Hut, Phibsboro or Upstairs at Anseo? Fairly, FAIRLY small mind.
Was also goin to suggest the Hut. Only thing is that it's just the room. The promoter/bands need to bring pa. But it is small enough for practice space pa to work.

We played our 'big' Dublin show in the Odessa a year or so back. It's a lovely room for the audience with the comfy seats, fancy surroundings and location. Gear load in is a 'mare getting up those stairs, and beer selection is weak.

Upstairs in Whelans is a decent venue. We did a midnight show there a while back too. Paid, nice. Gear load again a bit of a shit show. coming up the stairs and through the smoking area at 11pm on a weekend night. I would say the midnight shows are too late for a launch gig, we were just playing to random drunk punters. Quality gig all the same. But the room would be good for a launch at a normal hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back