sugar addiction-i need an intervention dr phil style (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

this is actually a serious post in that i'm not having a laugh off anyone .but i have a serious addiction to sugar. i eat an awful amount everyday.today for example i had coffee with 3 brown sugars ( i have convinced myself the brown is healthier) then i had tea with sugar toast with jam 10 chocolate cookies and about 4 foxes classics followed by 3 euro of pick n mix.Oh and a bottle of diet a coke 2litre. my mam thinks i have worms!bog .
i am still hungry. i have been like this for a while and i need to get it in check. please has anyone else had this constant need for sugar. i have very bad cravings too and once spent 40 mins on a bus to go to the pick n mix at the cinema.

claire, i feel your pain. i can eat 5 or 6 bars of chocolate a day without trouble and since they brought back the 50% extra free bottles of pepsi im fucked!

You're still hungry because the sugary stuff isn't real food, it just gives you a hyperactive buzz that tires you out and in fact will make you more hungry afterwards.

Proper meals I would say. Eat a big dinner. That's all I know.

sounds like you may have worms. .|..|

you like fruit?theres some pretty tasty fruit out there. be prepared for a lengthy spells of !bog if you go down that road though.

no i weigh about 8 stone and am 5"4.. i am getting a bit wobbly though and my teeth are starting to hurt.

but on top of all the sugar stuff i had toast and a chicken pesto wrap . ....

god i hope my mam isn't right

is it true there are some worms that can be tempted by sugar/stuff up to your mouth? i heard a tale of a girl who went to the doc and he did this and pulled a big long worm out the girls mouth :eek::eek:!bog

anyway, i have a weakness for biscuits and sweet stuff too (not too bad - i mostly worry about my teeth...) but i try to avoid it as much as possible. i find having a big huge bowl of porrige (with honey, and a cup of coffee too) for breakfast will keep the hunger at bay for 2 or 3 hours when all of a sudden i'll get a fierce hunger but i be sure to have a few nice apples and bananas which i can munch on til lunch time and then i try to have a substantial amount of sandwiches to last me the afternoon ( i might have something tasty too - chocolate chip tracker bars!! MMmmm!!) then more apples and bananas after lunch to get through til meal time. i dont eat half as much rubbish as i used to and enjoy it more as a result. maybe you could try something like this...

mmm i could.. but i just went shopping and i bought the following
pitta bread
ham
coleslaw
stirfry
scallions
leafy stuff
apples
tuna
salsa
wraps
pineapple i looked up a thing called gi diet and its good for curbing sugar cravings. i might even try an eggwhite thing in the morning .
oh and i got crushed chilli for putting on the pitta and the egg.

i'm going to miss francis , my worm, i hope he comes back to make me skinny if i ever have the pleasure of getting into a vivienne westwood wedding dress but until then i fare thee well francis. xx

mmm i could.. but i just went shopping and i bought the following
pitta bread
ham
coleslaw
stirfry
scallions
leafy stuff
apples
tuna
salsa
wraps
pineapple i looked up a thing called gi diet and its good for curbing sugar cravings. i might even try an eggwhite thing in the morning .
oh and i got crushed chilli for putting on the pitta and the egg.

i'm going to miss francis , my worm, i hope he comes back to make me skinny if i ever have the pleasure of getting into a vivienne westwood wedding dress but until then i fare thee well francis. xx

you'd never pass that diet along to me when you pick up your CD in GD tomorrow? :)

GI diets are pretty interesting, they're not crash diets (which is good), they're more about changing the way you eat and think about food. I've been on and off them for a couple of years now and I can't look at food without thinking in terms how fast it's going to hit my bloodstream and how hard it's going to be on my digestive system.

I'm not overweight by any means, last year I went over 10.5 stone for the first time in 10 years so I wanted to avoid the whole middle-age spread thing. My main problem was sugar addiction, like you whathappen? I used to put away 3-4 chocolate bars in a day, then I turned to biscuits, could quite happily eat a whole pack of chocolate digestives in a single go: I didn't get fat but I was always up and down energywise, and me teeth were a graveyard (ta charlie).

Since July I haven't had any biscuits and haven't had a chocolate bar in about 6mths, I'm trying to cut processed foods out almost altogether. The main thing for me now is getting away from the carbs & protein paradigm for meals, cutting pasta/rice/spuds/breads down to almost nothing.

The hardest part of course is just the willpower but I stack up on those packs of nuts and seeds and dried fruit, takes fuckin' ages to chew down those nuts and seeds so it feels like you're eating cos you're sending in fingers full of the stuff every few minutes, does the trick.

Takes about three weeks of hardcore abstention to get over the worst of the cravings for sugar and carbs (which break down into sugar I think) then it's just habit to aim for the fruit/water/nuts instead of the additive saturated crap that's everywhere.

And after a while you can start letting fun food back in, it tastes weird.

GI diets are pretty interesting, they're not crash diets (which is good), they're more about changing the way you eat and think about food. I've been on and off them for a couple of years now and I can't look at food without thinking in terms how fast it's going to hit my bloodstream and how hard it's going to be on my digestive system.

I'm not overweight by any means, last year I went over 10.5 stone for the first time in 10 years so I wanted to avoid the whole middle-age spread thing. My main problem was sugar addiction, like you whathappen? I used to put away 3-4 chocolate bars in a day, then I turned to biscuits, could quite happily eat a whole pack of chocolate digestives in a single go: I didn't get fat but I was always up and down energywise, and me teeth were a graveyard (ta charlie).

Since July I haven't had any biscuits and haven't had a chocolate bar in about 6mths, I'm trying to cut processed foods out almost altogether. The main thing for me now is getting away from the carbs & protein paradigm for meals, cutting pasta/rice/spuds/breads down to almost nothing.

The hardest part of course is just the willpower but I stack up on those packs of nuts and seeds and dried fruit, takes fuckin' ages to chew down those nuts and seeds so it feels like you're eating cos you're sending in fingers full of the stuff every few minutes, does the trick.

Takes about three weeks of hardcore abstention to get over the worst of the cravings for sugar and carbs (which break down into sugar I think) then it's just habit to aim for the fruit/water/nuts instead of the additive saturated crap that's everywhere.

And after a while you can start letting fun food back in, it tastes weird.

sounds like just what i need. between 1 and 2nd year of college i put on 2 stone and have been struggling to lose that since. im not overweight, but i dont like the prospect of being overweight in the not too distant future.

plus i NEED to stop the sugar intake.

Just remember, you need to replace the sugar with something you like (or can grow to like), otherwise the psychological addiction and the cravings won't ever stop.

Be prepared to fall off the wagon a few times, it's not a failure, it just takes a while to build up the willpower to keep at it.

i've been trying to change to fruit for a while, but i always cave at lunchtime, just get that craving. if i have something i can stick to i feel i could make a better go at it!

im thinking apples, bananas and maybe bombay mix (does that have sugar in it? i cant remember!) in place of chocolate/ice cream and other niceties

hopefully it works :D

smoking much dope lately?

munchies.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back