Stuttgart '08 (1 Viewer)

Richie

Only eight days to this... does anyone here give us a remote chance? Are we likely to see any moments like Houghton in 88? I'd absolutely love to see us get something, I hate to see shitheads like Dunphy already baying for Stan to go. On the plus side, Keane and Duff seem to be in good form, we may just have our best 6-7 players on the pitch at once, the Germans seem to be having some trouble with injured defenders, and we always seem to give our best displays when we're clear underdogs. That said, you can count the number of great Irish performances since Korea & Japan on one hand (or a couple of fingers, if you discount friendlies) and Stan hasn't shown a whole lot to suggest he really knows what he's doing yet. Are we going to get hammered again, or could some kind of battling draw \ flukey victory be possible?

The germans don't appear to have much trouble scoring goals. They can get pretty frustrated by kick ass defences, but alas we dont have one. We do have a kick ass keeper in Given, so that may keep the scorching long range shots out for a bit. Really we'll be lookin for Robbie Keane to play the magic and score some fucking goals!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o98QAth9j6A

We will win!

Just a feeling I have. If we set ourselves up the right way, maybe play on the break, we can definately get a result. Our squad lacks the depth of previous generations, but we can still put out a very decent starting eleven. With the younger lads like Ireland, McShane, McGeady, O'Brien, Doyle, etc hopefully advancing themselves this season, then we should be in decent shape by the end of the group.

With our better players returning we are definately able to get a result against what I feel is an over-rated German team. Guys like Keane and Duff can take the pressure off the defence by holding up the ball and taking the game to the Germans. If the likes of Dunne, O'Shea and Given are on form, I really feel we'll pull off a shock.

Just looked at this again - what was I thinking? "Stuttgart '06", of course... everyone forgets what year it is every now and then, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back