• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 1

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Starting to realise that, unless i pare back on the food spending, i'm not going to be able to holiday this summer. I know there's a good few dole heads on here, as well as some student scum, got any cheapo recipies or tips to share?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Starting to realise that, unless i pare back on the food spending, i'm not going to be able to holiday this summer. I know there's a good few dole heads on here, as well as some student scum, got any cheapo recipies or tips to share?

back in the old days these were my staples;

KVI (or equivalent)
burgers, potato waffles and spaggetti hoops. Nominal ammounts of protein, lots of grease, but I remember it worked out about £1.50

Pasta-no brainer

Fried rice and vegetables with soy sauce. Piss easy to make, looks like real food, costs fuck all as you can spin out half a pound of mushrooms for about a week

I'm liking that idea for this evening
JohnnyRaz said:
Fried rice and vegetables with soy sauce. Piss easy to make, looks like real food, costs fuck all as you can spin out half a pound of mushrooms for about a week

nails1.jpg

Breakfast - Porridge. So yum with just a bit of sugar or some cheapo jam chucked in if you're so inclined.

Flahavans Progress Oatlets (1.5 Kilogram) €1.91

Other than that, go to LIDL or ALDI for pasta, fruit, veg, some meat, pulses, dairy, bread, confectionery. Seriously. You'd be amazed how much you'd save.

Its more about where you buy stuff than the recipies i reckon. I mean if you have a local veggie shop you'll probably get tons of veggies cheaper there than whatever you'd get in the supermarket.
big bags of spuds = yum and cheap
If yer veggie get yer tofu in the asian shops for 2 yoyo a kilo instead of some posh crap.
Bring food with you and try not to have to eat out, in this stupid country there's no cheap options.
Check out the foreign shops for cheap stuff.
Get a coat with some big pockets*

*...so you wont have to pay 15c for a plastic bag i mean.:)

Koka noodles (or equivalent)
Half a dozen eggs
Pound of sausages
Tin o beans
Milk

Cook all,
Fuck onto plate
Gorge.

It'll feed 4 men for about a €5, got me (and my stoner bum flatmate) through 1st year. We called it the 268 Special, after our address in the HC at the time.
They were good times........

Man, don't scrimp on yer diet or you'll look like an emaciated ghost and you'll be too ugly and ill to get on a plane.

Giving up booze and fags always saves me tons.

Eat good meals and you won't feel the need to spend money on snacks when yer out. Veg, pulses and grains are all nourishing and last properly if you make sauces for the week and use it in different dishes.

mazzyianne said:
Get a coat with some big pockets*

*...so you wont have to pay 15c for a plastic bag i mean.:)
Much preferr the jumper-in-a-bag technique myself - i.e. put a large jumper in your bag-for-life and stick anything pricey (meats usually) under the jumper, with the noodles and such on top of it. Only take out and pay for the top stuff at the counter. *sligh* ah student days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back