Storm (1 Viewer)

letterk, 2.30pm, snow storm hits out of nowhere.
3.30 radio announces that the school buses cant run, its not safe for them to drive.
4.00 every parent in letterkenny tries to drive to the school at once, i'm trying to drive from atlanic homecare to work, without the radio on.
4.20 everyparent in letterk realises that a ford focus is not an ideal vehicle for hill climbing in snow
4.30 complete town in gridlock, completely.
4.40, i'm about 500m from atlantic homecare, coincidentially i have my da's 4x4 for the week, so i'm towing cars up a 50m stretch of hill thats impassible to normal cars, considering the town was frozen it was something to do.
5.40 abandon ship, walk home, have tea
6.20 go back to check on it, no movement at all, towed more guys and taxi'd some old lady home as her petrol ran out. told boy racer i didnt have a rope because he had dopey race tires on his honda civic so it wouldnt move in anydirection
7ish, route from work to flat reopens, got car home. entire journey was 1km.

snow pretty much gone.

my brother in law mailed me earlier to say he couldn't drive home from Letterkenny and had to sleep in a mates house tonight

someone should tell him the roads are clear again i guess

depends, if his way home involves going to (barnes gap )donegal town or via glenshane pass (dungiven) then he's better off to wait it out
, both are dangerous and dont clear as fast, letterk is almost snow proof by being mostly below sea level. the roads are pretty much normal now, but the occasional patch has leafal slush, even in the jeep going at 4-5 miles per hour i've been in several skids today.

He'll be on the Falcarragh road

This is what happened to my brothers car a coup0le of days after xmas on the same road

Car.jpg

Can't remember what storm this was, but as good a place as any to put this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back