Storm Eunice (1 Viewer)

you should come down tomorrow morning and try telling this to the storm

yeah, I was getting cocky thinking storms are grand sure, then I notice that every prick going has moored their boat in the harbour here.

I might have to resort to buying booze and toughing this one out American Shtyle.

I was reading something along the lines of: current day horses are massive, and fairly recently so. Even if you were to go a few hundred years back "horses", even war horses, would be closer in size to things we'd call ponies these days.

and what of destriers?

My door blew open at around (?) 5 am. I don't know if it really did at 5 am or not, I woke up and noticed it was flapping about at 5 am anyway.

The massive garden shit has decreased in volume slightly, and the ash has washed off it. This is probably my chance to set up an Instagram account, to document its life.

I'm trying to upload some boring blizzardy dash cam video from my phone but it keeps failing saying it's an unsupported format or some bollox
Bitta shnooow out in Cork land too. More hail and sleety rain, and the car making beeping noises and flashing snowflakes on the dashboard.

Initially I assumed the snowflake was weather related, but then the car flashed "Warning Cuck onboard" icon, forcing me to turn on Joe Duffy to try to distract myself. Joe had a pig farmer demanding some vegetarian young one would eat his meat carrot, followed by another farmer concerned for the well-being of pigeons who might get shot trying to eat her vegetables.

I kept listening to Joe's callers slating this young one with impenetrable nutritionalistic true facts, hoping she'd lose the head with a farmer from Louth and accuse him of hiding guns for the Ra.

Sadly she didn't take the bait even when he dramatically brought up genetically modified soy beans. She just asked him what HE fed his pigs, sure wasn't there genetically modified something or other in there?

He said "locally sourced artisanal bread", and moved the topic to vitamin B12. Check mate.

But Joe put a halt to proceedings, and it was news time. Within seconds Brian Dobson was grilling some bank lad about which bank had the worst phone system in the country. The bank lad deftly sidestepped Brian's barrage by saying "They're all SHITE sure".

Then we had the weather.

I feel like I want to pay a license fee even though I don't actually have a TV set.

I kept listening to Joe's callers slating this young one with impenetrable nutritionalistic true facts, hoping she'd lose the head with a farmer from Louth and accuse him of hiding guns for the Ra.

Sadly she didn't take the bait even when he dramatically brought up genetically modified soy beans. She just asked him what HE fed his pigs, sure wasn't there genetically modified something or other in there?

He said "locally sourced artisanal bread", and moved the topic to vitamin B12. Check mate.

But Joe put a halt to proceedings, and it was news time. Within seconds Brian Dobson was grilling some bank lad about which bank had the worst phone system in the country. The bank lad deftly sidestepped Brian's barrage by saying "They're all SHITE sure".

Then we had the weather.

I feel like I want to pay a license fee even though I don't actually have a TV set.
a huge amount of soya is fed to cows particularly in the USA. so forget the cows and just eat the soya.
I worked at a piggery part time from 1990-93. the pigs ate 8 times what they weighed at slaughter.
forget everything else as that alone is a monumental waste and the waste of water is far worse again.
- just saying like.

a huge amount of soya is fed to cows particularly in the USA. so forget the cows and just eat the soya.
I worked at a piggery part time from 1990-93. the pigs ate 8 times what they weighed at slaughter.
forget everything else as that alone is a monumental waste and the waste of water is far worse again.
- just saying like.
Yeah, I'm not sure if these farmers' reality coincided with very many other people's realities.

He was very proud of his mass pigeon slaughter for the vegans argument, that one took a long one coming.

what does pigeon taste like?
At one point I was prepping pigeons (among other things) in a kitchen in Wicklow.
It was just the breast, and I had to go over the meat to pull out any shot that might have gotten in there. They were local birds, and according to the chef they tasted different depending on what they'd been eating.
I had a bit, it's dark, deep (?) tasting meat. It's not bad, not like chicken at all, not gamey either. Very lean and dense, kinda looks like heart when it's uncooked.
It probably depends a lot on how it's cooked too? We just blasted it on hot cast iron pan, searing the meat, and then some kind of red wine sauce was reduced on that pan. Meat was left to rest for about five minutes while the sauce was going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back