Storm Eunice (1 Viewer)

I'm flying to Scotland on Friday morning. With Eunice behind me, I should get there in no time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i have it on good authority* that whatever is happening in iceland, we get the opposite.

*my father in law. to be fair, he has a lot of dealings with icelandic people. he's arranged the import of icelandic horses (they're ponies, but you'll insult the icelandicers if you call them that) for aon or two of them on several occasions.

i have it on good authority* that whatever is happening in iceland, we get the opposite.

*my father in law. to be fair, he has a lot of dealings with icelandic people. he's arranged the import of icelandic horses (they're ponies, but you'll insult the icelandicers if you call them that) for aon or two of them on several occasions.
I was reading something along the lines of: current day horses are massive, and fairly recently so. Even if you were to go a few hundred years back "horses", even war horses, would be closer in size to things we'd call ponies these days.

I was reading something along the lines of: current day horses are massive, and fairly recently so. Even if you were to go a few hundred years back "horses", even war horses, would be closer in size to things we'd call ponies these days.
my wife recently saw an ad for a horse for sale, 19 hands tall. at its shoulder, that horse is about 20cm taller than me (i'm about 5'8")

my wife recently saw an ad for a horse for sale, 19 hands tall. at its shoulder, that horse is about 20cm taller than me (i'm about 5'8")
And they're thick as shit. (Sorry. They are.)

You've got a flighty prey animal, that specializes in being jumpy, kicking, and sprinting around the place at the slightest provocation, who've been bred into things that are hyper muscular giants, and have been conspicuously not been bred for their intellect or demeanor.

So you've got massive, unpredictable animals wandering around. What can go wrong, like.

oh, i've heard plenty of stories about what horses can do. they've a happy knack for injuring themselves, let alone humans.
the woman my wife got her horse from, had her face split open with a kick a few months later. multiple bouts of surgery needed to fix the damage.

And they're thick as shit. (Sorry. They are.)

You've got a flighty prey animal, that specializes in being jumpy, kicking, and sprinting around the place at the slightest provocation, who've been bred into things that are hyper muscular giants, and have been conspicuously not been bred for their intellect or demeanor.

So you've got massive, unpredictable animals wandering around. What can go wrong, like.

oh, i've heard plenty of stories about what horses can do. they've a happy knack for injuring themselves, let alone humans.
the woman my wife got her horse from, had her face split open with a kick a few months later. multiple bouts of surgery needed to fix the damage.
horses.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back