Stories you will never tire of reading to children... (1 Viewer)

ah! i nearly forgot this one
2rhwih3.jpg

about all these homeless dispossessed toys who come together, find a decrepit old house and make themselves a home, drive off the police and have a great big party in the end.
it's hilarious and absolutely brilliant! the boy loves it too. we managed to lose our copy though - must get another.

We got this fairytales book at Christmas
074606411X.02._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU02_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The pictures are fantastic but the language is kinda strange - it's all in the present tense. And there's bits of the stories left out - the 3 little pigs don't say "Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin". We add those bits in, obviously, but it's a bit mad that they're left out

Winnie the Pooh is amazing. Isabelle is still a little young for the stories cos they're pretty wordy, but they're so well-written and funny with real 3-dimensional characters. Disney had made a shit of them though with the likes of Piglet's Big Movie

Beatrix Potter stories are mad

2002_2440.JPG

This one about Mr Jeremy Fisher is all in archaic language, worth a read just to put on the voices and toff accents.

I recently held a tiny Beatrix Potter storybook that was valued at £4000. Apparently, before she found a publisher she paid to have a thousand books printed herself and this (crazy) book-dealer had one of the last surviving copies.

They were incredibly beautiful and ornate but the font was tiny. Also, four thousand pounds sterling is pretty steep for a childless student.

yeah Disney have really been pissing on A.A. Milne grave haven't they
In the first scene of "Piglet's Big Movie" Pooh, Rabbit and Eeyore are trying to get some honey ... and everyone tells Piglet he can't help cos he's too small, and they don't give him any credit when he saves the day! It's terrible! They just grafted badly-drawn versions of Pooh characters onto a generic Disney story. I said to Isabelle "oh it's finished now" and turned it off, didn't want her to think this bollocks was a real Piglet story

Beatrix Potter stories are mad

2002_2440.JPG

This one about Mr Jeremy Fisher is all in archaic language, worth a read just to put on the voices and toff accents.

There's a new edition of potter stories in a 12 book box set. Real nice, but not very exciting.

I cant believe no-ones mentioned these yet:

green%20eggs%20and%20ham.jpg

There's a Seusse book called "My many Coloured days" illustrated by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher. It's fantastic looking. And great fun to read.

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/0679975977BT.html

The Gruffalo! Meanies can be outsmarted, even if they're tougher than you! A deadly rhyming story! I developed a big spot on the end of my nose a few weeks ago and we were all calling it a "poisonous wart".

Some stories are kinda annoying, "The Lonely Giraffe" is basically the same as "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" - i.e. reject becomes cool by saving everyone's bacon.

That pair have a new book out called The Best Book Ever or something. It's good. A Squash And A Squeeze is good to.

Love the illustration in this series...

dinosaur.gif

the cat in the hat is great for getting cara off to sleep, so its one of my favorites

Tell you what, get aristotle's ethics. 2 pages of that shite and she'll give up trying to figure out what you're at and hit dreamland quicksmart. You will too, but thats niether here nor there. Or is it? In order to find a satisfactory solution to the above question, we'll have examine both common principals involved in thZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

I recently held a tiny Beatrix Potter storybook that was valued at £4000. Apparently, before she found a publisher she paid to have a thousand books printed herself and this (crazy) book-dealer had one of the last surviving copies.

They were incredibly beautiful and ornate but the font was tiny. Also, four thousand pounds sterling is pretty steep for a childless student.

I cry (and blame my parents for letting me have scissors) every time I see the damage I managed to do to the collection of Beatrix Potter books I had when I was little. I didn't actually cut anything out... I just shredded the pages.

There's a new edition of potter stories in a 12 book box set. Real nice, but not very exciting.

I cant believe no-ones mentioned these yet:

green%20eggs%20and%20ham.jpg

There's a Seusse book called "My many Coloured days" illustrated by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher. It's fantastic looking. And great fun to read.

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/0679975977BT.html

My sister and youngest brother made me read that book to them so many times... and I still love it. "I do not like them Sam-I-Am, I do not like green eggs and ham"

Tell you what, get aristotle's ethics. 2 pages of that shite and she'll give up trying to figure out what you're at and hit dreamland quicksmart. You will too, but thats niether here nor there. Or is it? In order to find a satisfactory solution to the above question, we'll have examine both common principals involved in thZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

If that doesn't work try his Metaphysics as interpreted by Thomas Aquinas... definitely the best cure for insomnia... as proved by the last 2 months... which feature among the worst in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back