Stooges v Madonna (1 Viewer)

I saw them in dublin castle and they were amazing,but the fact that the last record was woeful beyond belief,that they are billed as Iggy & The Stooges,the supposed size of the venue and rumour of all seated. And now this. No thanks.

While I'm not against Saxaphone playing it is appalling in Burning up, mmmm Madonna is in the audience, her version of Ray of light is def far far better.

While I'm not against Saxaphone playing it is appalling in Burning up, mmmm Madonna is in the audience, her version of Ray of light is def far far better.

See when a Madonna version of a song is better than a stooges version(w/ mike watt) there's something seriously fucked going on.

In saying that Mike Watt played bass on Kelly Clarkson's album and I'm not sure what the other guys have done that's dodgy but I think my point is that this isn't something new. They probably got asked would they do it and they said sure why the hell not, do it for a laugh and sure fuck it we won't even try hard at all. Would it have been better or worse if they'd put more effort into doing decent versions of the songs?

oh really?

.... sexy results

quagmire.jpg

mike watt played bass on kelly clarkson's album? mad

Yeah he's mates with the producer or sumfink. Actually just reading wikipedia there and it turns out Madonna is his favourite singer.

Around 1984 he found a Fender Telecaster bass, which became his main bass for the last two years of the Minutemen's existence as well as much of fIREHOSE's; the bass had pictures of Kira and of Watt's favorite singer, Madonna, on the instrument. Close to the end of fIREHOSE's collective life he started using a late 60's Gibson Thunderbird bass; this ended up being his main bass after the white Telecaster was stolen from his apartment sometime in 1995.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Watt[/ame]

He also has the tune "Intense Song For Madonna To Sing" on his solo album.

speaking of mike watt....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8sK7Uww38&feature=related"]YouTube - Little Fury Things[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back