Sticks (1 Viewer)

Thebeard

Just wondering if any of you drumists have any preference in brands of sticks? Or type even, plastic tip etc..|..|

Vic Firth 5ab or 5b, nylon tipped. Sometimes I move onto 5a cause I think they are the most versatile. None of that 7 nonsense no good for heft

I love pro-mark 5b "the natural". Nicest stick i have ever played but i cant afford to buy em in bulk so ive been playing Vic Firth 5b's for the past 2 yrs. (buy 3 get a pair free on musicstore.com.) where as the pro marks are over 11euro a pair.
yeah im lucky enough to never really break sticks. i get serious hihat wear though but id still get a good 10 practices/gigs outta one pair.

vic virth 5a. sometimes nylon, sometimes wood tip. used to use nova sticks for years but they have gotten really shit, especially for heavy playing. sticks cost far too much.

anyone wear gloves?

Yeah what self respecting drummer wears gloves?

"Hey one of the bands suddenly pulled out do yous lads fancy playing an off the cuff set?"

"sorry man can't, I haven't got me drumgloves with me; theres just no way."

Once new a drummer that wore gloves and he used to put a good layer of vasaline on his hands before he put them on.
His girlfriend later married me.

Edit: true story. Hey Dave!

That is a good story.

PS. Pro Mark 5bn. Just moved from 5a in November and pleased with the extra heft.
I started out playing 2b though, cos when my friend caught a stick from Sanctuary when they supported Megadeth in the Olympic Ballroom in 1988, the drummer'd used an upside down pair of 2bs.

played with a band once and the drummer was using those heavy red rubber gloves with the nylon insides you see builders using sometimes. thought it was odd but that they must give great grip. and he was a pretty savage metal drummer.

anyway, after they were done he takes the the gloves off. combined finger count for both hands? 5 or 6.

true story. hey fingerless drummer guy!

Coady Willis wears gloves hence gloves are totally acceptable (if you're Coady Willis).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back