Steve Finnan retires from international football (1 Viewer)

balls indeed. he is one of the few players who came out of the last campaign with a bit of respect.

So John O' Shea to replace him ..... oh dear!

that's shocking, he can't be more than 28 is he?
Maybe he knows who the new manager is gonna be?

Disappointing. Still had another campaign in him I reckon, although he's been all over the place this season.

Jesus Christ.
That's bang out of order. You shouldn't retire from making yourself available to play for your country, or at the very least only when you're long past being picked for the first team.
I'm very disappointed to hear this. He's the best player in the bloody squad.

his second half performance vs. camaroon is what i'll remember him for.

Very good reliable full back, cannot believe how quickly his career has flown by in, I still think of him as 23 or something.

he made his debut in 2000.

'it's my ball and I'm going home now'.

bet he wouldn't be retiring if we qualified for Euro 2008.
well, obviously.

i reckon he wouldn't be retiring if we had a manager. he'll be 34 for the next world cup, he's ha da loss of form and sum niggly injuries. players want to extend their club careers these days, don't they? i still blame the fai. i blame stan. stupid finnan. grim days.

a shame for ireland this
luckily enough kelly seems to be progressing a bit at brum and has a good manager to learn from in mcleish

i have sympathy with him
it reminds me of carras situation - finnan has been one of the best full backs in the prem
for about five years - hes solid defensively and he can get forward and hes really consistent and when we were playing shit under kerr and couldnt defend to save our lives kerr didnt once play him at right back - that would piss anyone off - stan was nearly as bad he'd play him on the left and oshea on the right for no apparent reason other than to do things like a muppeh'

well, obviously.

i reckon he wouldn't be retiring if we had a manager. he'll be 34 for the next world cup, he's ha da loss of form and sum niggly injuries. players want to extend their club careers these days, don't they? i still blame the fai. i blame stan. stupid finnan. grim days.

seems to be getting plenty of rest at liverpool this year though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back