Steve Fanagan Plays Raygun (1 Viewer)

Ray Gun

Since 2000
Steve Fanagan and Plan9 are to play the Tivoli this thursday(16th) followed by Raygun! This maybe one of the last gigs there if we can't keep the crowds up..so please come along and support us and keep this new venue alive! Once again Aftershock is only £1 a shot alll night long,all night!!!!Ohh and admission is £5/4 w/flyer!

oh i got so sick on friday morning after too much damn aftershock, butat a £1 how could you not buy it? :)

But yeah, raygun is a pretty cool club, well worth a visit. }>

I think one of the problems with "alternative clubs" is that the city centre is a load of shit. And venues are shit too. Everything's shit.

What we need is some barn or large hall in some suburb where every Saturday some bands play all day long and we bring some cans and food and sit on the floor.

And if anybody started talking during a quiet bit in the song we could throw them into the sin-bin for five minutes.

-Thayl

The Tivoli is a Great Venue ...its huge(but not too big!) But people aren't giving clubs like Button Moon , Broadcast and us a chance! Quite frankly the reason we started is cos screamadelica is gone to the dogs! Maybe people won't like Raygun but anyone who's been has loved the music and the vibe and the cheap booze(even if the bands aren't always to everyone's taste at least we're trying to make some noise!) Like i said come along this week if you don't like tell us if you do tell everyone!!!;)

i think that the unfortunate thing is there are not enough people into the type of music to sustain three(?) similar clubs on the same night weekly. if there was one club on monthly instead with bands and stuff it wouls be packed out of it...

It's a damn shame. When the Tivoli stopped having gigs everyone said how it was the best venue in Dublin. Now we have a chance to not only have gigs there again but gigs by our favourite local heroes. Having said that I feel shit for not being able to get to anyof the Ray Guns so far but I'm sure as hell going this week. Maybe we should run a bus from the cerebus shoal gig to Ray Gun. How about a quid off to anyone who was at Isaac Butt?

Also the choice of bands, while all good, haven't exactly been the type to draw people away from temple bar. Go the whole hog and get the rednecks. That'll prove there's a "market", might buy you a few more weeks too.

good luck boyos

hehehheh it's true, it's true you can always rely on the good ole' boys to save the day

If i had 2 & 6 for everytime I tried that one, i'd have...4 and 12.....

pete (14-11-2000 11:42 a.m.):
hehehheh it's true, it's true you can always rely on the good ole' boys to save the day

If i had 2 & 6 for everytime I tried that one, i'd have...4 and 12.....

OLD___ MAN.

OLD___ MAN__OF__THE___SCENE

Wel If the Rednecks Would like to play ...believe me i would love to have them down ... cos i saw New years and Clifton which proves when you give a good band a good crowd they blow the opposition off the stage... still the best live band in Dublin! But yeah as for broadening the play list ... any suggestions will be entertained!! okay timm i'll give you a Dj slot next Thursday .. if we survive...oh and Happy BirthDay!!! :p

i have yet to go to raygun. and, come to think of it, broadcast. that's what happens when you've no money... i did make it to a few button moons, though.

the idea to have one monthly (maybe even fortnightly?) club seems pretty cool, though; i think i'd be more likely to make sure i went out if i knew something wasn't gonna be on for another month or a couple of weeks... (maybe every 3 weeks, split the difference...:)) what's the situation with raygun, though? are you being threatened with having the venue whipped away from you because you're not pulling in the punters?

well just to let you all know Raygun is now officially finished. it was semi-good while it lasted. no doubt we won't hear of a Tivoli gig for at least a year. i await the start of the next indie club that'll last for a month. what a shame :(

Julius Geezer Records Night

Or you could go to the Temple, 71 Dorset St.
at only £4 in with entertainment provided by:
FEVER DREAM from the netherlands(blonde redhead type rockin' girl/boy vocals)
CASTLES AND CAR-WREAKS (Rob from Month Of Birthdays/ex-Baby Harp Seal's)
WAVER(Dr.J's fav dublin rockers)
And THE COLDSPOON CONSPIRACY(guided by rock)

I know it's a tuffy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back