Stereolab (1 Viewer)

Favourite album?

• Chemical Chords

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Space Age / Body Study / Microbe Hunters / Instant 0 / Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anyone go last night? Took a while to get going but a really good gig overall. Nice mix to the set. Two each off Dots and Loops, Emperor, Cobra and Mars. A smaller band than I've seen them previously but they pulled it off very well.

Anyone go last night? Took a while to get going but a really good gig overall. Nice mix to the set. Two each off Dots and Loops, Emperor, Cobra and Mars. A smaller band than I've seen them previously but they pulled it off very well.

I was there, down the front! Superb stuff, although I was a bit distracted for the first couple of songs by a swaying beer bottle on top of Tim's amp!

Fairly flew by, a bit short maybe? Very enjoyable though. Crest into Lo Boob Oscillator was fantastic, and Blue Milk was stunning altogether.

I thought the sound was better than the Tripod gig they did 10(?) years or so ago, where they keyboards dominated. The rhythm section were great, hats off to the bass player, managing the falsetto backing vocals while playing.

I was at it. I thought it started great. The first few songs, sounded great, set a lovely vibe early doors. Especially loved French Disko, the few bum notes aside.

I thought it went flat in parts. Like, I loved the long, drawn out wigouts, but jaysus there were a lot for them.

It was like listening to a Stereolab album. Full of beans and enthusiasm for them for the first 4 songs, then interest levels went up and down, depending on the song.

Overall really good though.

I was there, down the front! Superb stuff, although I was a bit distracted for the first couple of songs by a swaying beer bottle on top of Tim's amp!

Fairly flew by, a bit short maybe? Very enjoyable though. Crest into Lo Boob Oscillator was fantastic, and Blue Milk was stunning altogether.

I thought the sound was better than the Tripod gig they did 10(?) years or so ago, where they keyboards dominated. The rhythm section were great, hats off to the bass player, managing the falsetto backing vocals while playing.
Just over 10 years ago I believe. Yeah those basslines must be tricky enough to sing over. Would have loved a couple more songs alright. Looking at the sets this morning they had been doing 'Infinity Girl' quite a bit at the start of the tour, that would have been sweet but it was great as it was.

I tried to get in early for Tomaga, but only managed to catch about 15 minutes of them, they were good though!

It was great (apart from Metronomic Underground which is a bit long and boring). I wouldn't have minded a few more pop tunes in addition to all the songs they did play. I only saw them once before, in the ambassador and I don't remember it too well now but I think last night might have been much better.

It was great (apart from Metronomic Underground which is a bit long and boring). I wouldn't have minded a few more pop tunes in addition to all the songs they did play. I only saw them once before, in the ambassador and I don't remember it too well now but I think last night might have been much better.

I had Metronomic Underpants marked for my trip to the bog, I knew they'd be playing it, and I'm none too keen.

I was at it. I thought it started great. The first few songs, sounded great, set a lovely vibe early doors. Especially loved French Disko, the few bum notes aside.

I thought it went flat in parts. Like, I loved the long, drawn out wigouts, but jaysus there were a lot for them.

It was like listening to a Stereolab album. Full of beans and enthusiasm for them for the first 4 songs, then interest levels went up and down, depending on the song.

Overall really good though.
Quite partial to an auld drawn out wigout I must say. Thought the one connected to Boob was especially great. All in all, really enjoyed the show. Pity they didn't play Jenny Ondioline. Almost certain it was in a couple of their earlier sets on the tour. But with a pretty serious cannon of tunes there's always gonna be a few dropped. Setlist was nicely stretched throughout their releases alright as someone mentioned.

The Tomaga set was absolutely brilliant.

I was there too, good gig; bit dull in parts as others have said; thought the sound was a bit muffled, especially for the vocals? Enjoyed it overall buh.

I remember that Ambassador gig being absolutely brilliant. Sound-dust tour, Mary Hansen, Laetitia playing the trombone; maybe rose-tinted glasses.

The records were pretty cheap, I should have bought some, although I didn't really want those particular ones

Seeing as they have another 5 or so to reissue, I'm hoping that they'll be back with the rest!

Thought it was really good, and great in points, but I think it needed to be a tiny bit louder. Became increasingly distracted by rising chatter from the back of the room, which is unusual for Vicar St., and would dissipate with every drone, but through all the gentler pop songs it rose and rose. Like, it just needed to be a dB louder...

Anyway, when it was great, it was really great. It did totally look like 5 geography teachers out on a jolly though, where 10 years ago it looked like 5 teachers assistants rocking out. Ah age-ism....

Tomaga were terrific. Entirely useless for trivia fans, the drummer Val used to play in Querelle who we brought over for a couple of tours in the early 2000's. Whispers that Tomaga will be back before too long for their own show. Hope so!

I had to miss the show due to work/volunteer commitments. Not taking it well. SOB. I wonder will I ever get to see them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back