• Chemical Chords

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Space Age / Body Study / Microbe Hunters / Instant 0 / Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This doesn't sound too hopeful.

http://stereolab.co.uk/news/

Dear All,

As we recently made #51 with Emperor Tomato Ketchup in the Amazon 100 Greatest Indie Rock Albums of all Time we feel that our work is done for the moment.
We have had to cancel the last two shows that we were scheduled to play, apologies to all that had bought tickets, and there are no plans to record new tracks.
Duophonic are working on the release of Chemical Chords 2, we also have plans for a new Switched On and remastering of the back catalogue.
We are are all going to have a bit of a rest now after nearly 19 years and work on a few other projects.
The website will still be updated and disks released but there won't be any new Stereolab product for a while.

Cheerio
Pikey

My relationship with the 'Lab peaked with getting Mars Audiac Quintet a couple of days before the Columbia Mills gig, one of my top gigs ever. I voted for MAQ for that reason but favourite release is def. Refried Ectoplasm, what a stormer!

I must be one of the only people who thought the Olympia gig for ETK tour was hell on earth. Tortoise bored me to death and back to life and to death again about five times.

The more recent material lacks urgency for me... some great moments but all too whimsical.

Impossible to pick just one.

Peng!
Mars Audiac Quintet
Transient Random Noise Bursts With Annoouncements
Margerine Eclipse
Refried Ectoplasm

They'd be my favourites. Ping Pong and Jenny Ondioline must some of the greatest songs evarrrr.
Having the oppurtunity to see them in Cork in Decemeber was really amazing.

Let joy be unconfined, etc etc

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had never heard of Cavern Of Anti-Matter until today when I went for a look at Stereolab's website. Listening to Hormone Lemonade now, not super wild about it so far.

Dussshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Quietus | Opinion | Black Sky Thinking | Why The Jordan Peterson & Mumfords Brodown Comes As No Surprise

The intellectual heavyweight behind all these claims is Jordan Peterson, who recently turned up in Mumford & Sons’ recording studio. It’s not the psychology professor’s first pop cultural liaison: Peterson has enjoyed the company of Russell Brand, and his ardent defenders include Sean Ono Lennon and, bafflingly, Laetitia Sadier, onetime singer with Marxist pop tinkerers Stereolab. With Mumford & Sons, perhaps it was an impromptu hang - we know only that an invitation was granted, a warm welcome received - but something about this particular alignment is too perfect to shrug off.

Last edited:
Dussshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Quietus | Opinion | Black Sky Thinking | Why The Jordan Peterson & Mumfords Brodown Comes As No Surprise

The intellectual heavyweight behind all these claims is Jordan Peterson, who recently turned up in Mumford & Sons’ recording studio. It’s not the psychology professor’s first pop cultural liaison: Peterson has enjoyed the company of Russell Brand, and his ardent defenders include Sean Ono Lennon and, bafflingly, Laetitia Sadier, onetime singer with Marxist pop tinkerers Stereolab. With Mumford & Sons, perhaps it was an impromptu hang - we know only that an invitation was granted, a warm welcome received - but something about this particular alignment is too perfect to shrug off.

Hopefully Laetitia has copped herself on, that tweet seems to be deleted now anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back