Steam and other videogame bargains someone should buy... (2 Viewers)

Far Cry 4 is great. Got it free with a video card.

Yeah whatever about the "story" that doesn't make a lick of sense they've packed it full of fun things to do. All the various types of missions, random karma missions, animal attacks, and online co-op with randomers if you desire.

I also love that you don't have to be stingy with your ammo, even the super good stuff, because you can always go and buy some more, so long as you've been looting and skinning for your upkeep. Great fun to switch between grenade/arrow types and go hogwild. Somewhere there they got the balance really right between just enough ammo to be fun, and too much to make it easy.

I'm sure it won't leave the lasting impression that The Last Of Us, Bioshock or Fallout New Vegas have, but I'm just plain enjoying the shit out of it. Games are sometimes just supposed to be plain FUN remember!?!!

Yeah whatever about the "story" that doesn't make a lick of sense they've packed it full of fun things to do. All the various types of missions, random karma missions, animal attacks, and online co-op with randomers if you desire.

I also love that you don't have to be stingy with your ammo, even the super good stuff, because you can always go and buy some more, so long as you've been looting and skinning for your upkeep. Great fun to switch between grenade/arrow types and go hogwild. Somewhere there they got the balance really right between just enough ammo to be fun, and too much to make it easy.

I'm sure it won't leave the lasting impression that The Last Of Us, Bioshock or Fallout New Vegas have, but I'm just plain enjoying the shit out of it. Games are sometimes just supposed to be plain FUN remember!?!!
yeah i finished the campaign ages ago but i still go back to mop up some of the other bits and pieces and there's still loads left to do

Firewatch is €11.99 today on Steam.

Well worth it. Get some of your favourite booze and settle in for an evening of beautifully rendered interactive story-telling / walking simulator with pretty much the best voice acting I've heard in a game (with the guy who played Harry Crane in Mad Men being in the lead role)

firewatch-2.jpg

Ah me, the years. I still remember the first morning that summer of '89, waking up in the ol' watch tower.

Oh wait a second, no that was just this videogame I played...

Firewatch is €11.99 today on Steam.

Well worth it. Get some of your favourite booze and settle in for an evening of beautifully rendered interactive story-telling / walking simulator with pretty much the best voice acting I've heard in a game (with the guy who played Harry Crane in Mad Men being in the lead role)

firewatch-2.jpg

Ah me, the years. I still remember the first morning that summer of '89, waking up in the ol' watch tower.

Oh wait a second, no that was just this videogame I played...
It's lovely, innit. Not much by way of "game" but just...stays with you.

here we go again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seriously, my fucking wallet. Well... not really, the following were probably less than €40 or so combined.

PC MASTERACE 4 LYFE!

Skyrim - Complete edition thingy
Transistor
Spec Ops: The Line
Superhot
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
Fez.
Saints Row the third - which, so far, for less than €2.50 is fucking gas.

Put this on your steam wishlist for the next time it goes to about a tenner. Two nights of great entertainment (fuelled by good food and wine) with Mrs Pants on this one. Soundtrack is great too - very boards of canada.

getting yoinked because of expiring music licences so 90% off for the weekend

Got a Steam Link in Gamestop - reduced from €55 to €22, just like online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back