Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Supporter
Threads
from the louis theroux doco thread, seems useful

/r/stopdrinking: a support group in your pocket!

Highly recommend this sub for three types of people: those people looking to stop and needing guidance, those people that have already stopped and need support, and people for which AA hasn't necessarily worked for.

Though they still do espouse the tenants of AA, there are tons of people there who don't feel the religious aspect works for them.

It's also like being able to instantly go to a meeting. No waiting or deliberating and it can be completely anonymous.

Highly recommended spot for people looking to stop drinking.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
I'm a year sober.

I am no longer "off the drink" . I am merely a non drinker ...and thank God cos it's a waste of a perfectly satisfactory life otherwise.

jimmybreeze

Threads
Thats deadly Gaz,well done.Fair play anyone who has cut down or quit or just become more aware of their drinking.After years of being on the wagon,then on the fence about it all,I had one final 4 day stag weekend blowout where we approached the never ending supply of sauce with the enthusiasm and ability of professional athletes.
I can finally now say Ill never,ever drink again.
Thank fuck.

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Before last Friday I don't remember the last drink I had. Anyway I was waiting for Pat McManus to start his gig so I got a guinness. The first mouthful was immensely satisfying. I wasn't bothered with the rest of it.

prefuse

Threads
How's this going, brotha?
I had a few bottles of beer recently, but other than that I've been good. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but I've gone through fazes of drinking more than I should. The last time was probably from late 2014 til summer 2015. Wasn't in the best of humour for that time and I leaned into it. Drinking most days, eating bad food. What keeps me on the straight and narrow is I'm a terrible worrier about health. I got strange sensations in my stomach about a month after I stopped. Of course I thought, you stupid bastard, you've after givin youself an ulcer, or gallstones or pancreatitis or something. Went through the whole rig ma roll, blood tests, ultrasound & CT scans. Nothing there. That sensation stuck around for months. I absolutely hate anything medical so I've learnt my lesson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Pony
    Turn to Hate
    Orville Peck
    Pony

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads