Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

kudos in fairness. I'm just jealous cos i got so fucking drunk last friday. Did nothing for me either, sick of it!
I had friends on Facebook swearing off the drink as early as Saturday. The ol' early Christmas sessions can take a toll.

I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say I love all the extra money too.

AFAIK at least traditionally and maybe still, abstinence was huge here as was over consumption. The Father Mathew movement in the 19th century led to 100,000s of people being Teetotallers but all the while a huge swathe of Irish people were getting monged all the time.

AFAIK at least traditionally and maybe still, abstinence was huge here as was over consumption. The Father Mathew movement in the 19th century led to 100,000s of people being Teetotallers but all the while a huge swathe of Irish people were getting monged all the time.

They just had better PR.

Went out with the family over Christmas as usual. Some amount of comments when I drank a glass of water in the pub. I wouldn't mind but I had a pint alongside it and had already drank about 6 pints as well as bottles and wine with dinner.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

jesus i need a drink after reading that

Here, have they taken his statue away or something? Where is it?!

My missus is doing the Dry-january thing. I'm doing my best to support her by drinking all the booze in the house as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back