Starting a business. (1 Viewer)

google calendar sends you texts for free - would that be any help?

i have it text me to put the rent in the bank on the 20th of each month. i look at the text then forget to do it

Ive had a look over this thread- very informative but could I get sonme advice /info on this?

I signed off the dole, telling them that I was taking up a contract with a company for a specified period..and being assured that once the contract is over I can apply for dole again and 'it should not be a problem'

The company would like to keep me on but want to hire me as a sole trader rather than an employee--which sounds fine to me ,for a humber of reasons, but should the work peter out will I be ineliglbe for dole as I'll then be self-employed?

Ive had a look over this thread- very informative but could I get sonme advice /info on this?

I signed off the dole, telling them that I was taking up a contract with a company for a specified period..and being assured that once the contract is over I can apply for dole again and 'it should not be a problem'

The company would like to keep me on but want to hire me as a sole trader rather than an employee--which sounds fine to me ,for a humber of reasons, but should the work peter out will I be ineliglbe for dole as I'll then be self-employed?

As far as I know you should be ok unless you're earning sackloads over a number of years. I went self-employed (not sole trader) for a period of 3-4 months a few years back and when that was finished simply went back to being a regular PAYE person. I think the issue of self-employed people not being able to claim dole only arises in cases where the person was self-employed for years and paid no PRSI etc.

How does one go about paying their own 'stamps'?

I'm told it'd be a good idea to so this so that when I'm not getting work I still have 'credits'...and that it will go towards my pension

is this true?

very cynical, probably useful:

Here are 32 ways to use Facebook in your business. said:
Manage Your Profile
Fill out your profile completely to earn trust.

Establish a business account if you don’t already have one.

Stay out of trouble by reading the Facebook rules regarding business accounts.

Install appropriate applications to integrate feeds from your blog and other social media accounts into your Facebook profile. (Although you should be careful before integrating your Twitter feed into your Faceboook profile, as a stream of tweets can seem overwhelming to your contacts.)

Keep any personal parts of your profile private through Settings.

Create friends lists such as “Work,” “Family” and “Limited Profile” for finer-grained control over your profile privacy.

Post a professional or business casual photos of yourself to reinforce your brand.

Limit business contacts’ access to personal photos.

Post your newsletter subscription information and archives somewhere in your profile.

Connect and share with others

Obtain a Facebook vanity URL so that people can find you easily.

Add your Facebok URL to your email signature and any marketing collateral (business cards, etc.) so prospects can learn more about you.

Post business updates on your wall. Focus on business activities, such as “Working with ABC Company on web site redesign.”

Share useful articles and links to presentation and valuable resources that interest customers and prospects on your wall, to establish credibility.

Combine Facebook with other social media tools like Twitter. For example, when someone asks question on Twitter, you can respond in detail in a blog post and link to it from Facebook.

Before traveling, check contacts locations so you can meet with those in the city where you’re heading.

Research prospects before meeting or contacting them.

Upload your contacts from your email client to find more connections.

Use Find Friends for suggestions of other people you may know to expand your network even further.

Look for mutual contacts on your contacts’ friends lists.

Find experts in your field and invite them as a guest blogger on your blog or speaker at your event.

Market your products by posting discounts and package deals.

Share survey or research data to gain credibility.

Use Facebook Connect to add social networking features to your web site.

Suggest Friends to clients and colleagues — by helping them, you establish trust.

Buy Facebook ads to target your exact audience.

Read up on Facebook Beacon to see if it might be useful for you.

Use Network, Group and Fan Pages

Start a group or fan page for product, brand or business. Unless you or your business is already a household name, a group is usually the better choice.

Add basic information to the group or fan page such as links to company site, newsletter subscription information and newsletter archives.

Post upcoming events including webinars, conferences and other programs where you or someone from your company will be present.

Update your group or fan page on a regular basis with helpful information and answers to questions.

Join network, industry and alumni groups related to your business.

Use search to find groups and fan pages related to your business by industry, location and career.

This post has little do with the advertising and a lot to do with improving my google search ranking!! I've started a part-time business fixing computers so if anyone needs this kind of thing in Cork: www.quickfix.ie

Anyone have any other ideas of how to improve google performance? I've changed all my URLs, inserted a meta description and made sure my content matches the likely keyword searches for my site. This brought me up from page 28 on google to the top 100. Need more juice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back