Stars Of The Lid, Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh - National Concert Hall, 9th October (1 Viewer)

That was marvelous. I'm really interested in what they're putting their guitars through now. You could hear them strumming away and nothing was coming from the amps and then a few seconds later a wall of sound appeared, but there wasn't really any attack so it. Very strange

That was marvelous. I'm really interested in what they're putting their guitars through now. You could hear them strumming away and nothing was coming from the amps and then a few seconds later a wall of sound appeared, but there wasn't really any attack so it. Very strange
I have a photo of McBride's pedal board from the Whelan's gig, need to find it but essentially it's a load of reverb. I think he had 3-5 reverb and a couple of delay pedal on his board. Whatever way the chain is, it obviously has more of volume swell type of effect than just a straight delay/reverb (or else you'd hear the attack).

I do love that sound of the empty clack-clack-clack of them strumming and then a few seconds later a massive wave of sound.

I have a photo of McBride's pedal board from the Whelan's gig, need to find it but essentially it's a load of reverb. I think he had 3-5 reverb and a couple of delay pedal on his board. Whatever way the chain is, it obviously has more of volume swell type of effect than just a straight delay/reverb (or else you'd hear the attack).

I do love that sound of the empty clack-clack-clack of them strumming and then a few seconds later a massive wave of sound.

Based on that I have 2 theories, either he has the effect turned up really loud in relation to the signal from the guitar so you're not getting much of the guitar. Or he's got his volume pedal at the end of his chain so when he strums he's making the noise but by the time he lets it through to the amp the initial attack is gone and all that's left is the tail of the reverb and the delay.

I have never heard of these guys, but after reading this thread tonight I am really disappointed I missed this gig.

A delay with a 100% wet mix would give you that delayed sound coming after strumming. The line 6 echo park there in the second pic would do it.

short video of the dublin gig on their facebook.

can't say i really noticed that moog very much

edit: this video gives an idea of the sounds he was making with the moog
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back