Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
What was wrong with it? My only issue was the Romulan (was he a Romulan? I'm not sure) in the scavanged Borg cube wearing early 21st century hipster garb.
wellllll....in fairness my criticism is based on the fact that I fell asleep about 4 times during it, despite the shininess and the fight scenes etc.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
i had subtitles on and she didn't say feckers

1580773077676.png

Last edited:

the_jen

Supporter
Threads
That Bejazzle actress looked unforgivably too much like Deanna Troi. It took me way too long work out what was happening.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
That was about 2 seconds out of 5 episodes. I think it's pretty good overall. Apart from Chernobyl last year this is the first tv series I've watched since I watched the first 4 series of Allo Allo sometime around 2005, and I find it all a bit hurried. It feels like each episode should be at least 2 hours long to to do justice to all the plot they're squeezing in. Chernobyl had similar problems but not to the same extent. How do you regular tv watchers find it in this regard?

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Been watching Doctor Who,as always. Jodie Whitaker era is getting better and watching old ones with Eoin. He likes Sylvester McCoy. ( not my favourite I must say)

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
That was about 2 seconds out of 5 episodes. I think it's pretty good overall. Apart from Chernobyl last year this is the first tv series I've watched since I watched the first 4 series of Allo Allo sometime around 2005, and I find it all a bit hurried. It feels like each episode should be at least 2 hours long to to do justice to all the plot they're squeezing in. Chernobyl had similar problems but not to the same extent. How do you regular tv watchers find it in this regard?
It was way fucking longer than 2 seconds.
Haven’t gotten to episode 5 yet but yeah I feel like they’re are trying to cram too much in. Feels a bit rushed alright

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Yeah, I thought it was a remarkably well aged Troy at first.

Having trouble with the dialogue overall on this, it's so very stilted, and some of the actors, like Raffi, just can't bring it to life. She does a great anxious or pissed off face, but the text is just so stiff.

Even with the more ridiculous sci-fi jargon, the Discovery script writers pay way more attention to natural speech cadences, far more believable, despite talking gibberish.

The teenage assassin lad was cool though, almost made up for the excruciating sock sliding scene. That was just terrible.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
This has really got going the last few episodes, deadly so it is. It was nice to have an episode without that English-accented Zhat Vash lad. I'd say season two will be have a lot more Borg action. Was that a stash of vinyls that the ship's captain had in his treasure chest?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads