• Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 5

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
99% of that shit isnt funny anymore...I read it on Thumped and its true.

I'm glad its dead cos they said it was the new rock n roll or some shit but rock n roll should be the new rock n roll...and not Des Bishop or some other toolbag talking about immersions

I even went to see Russell Brand back in the day and he was fucking shite. He stood up there reading the newspaper

Snap.

I was thinking of a similar thread - 'Why is a dog always in the push-up position? - the thread for acceptable stand-up comedy.'

But, I suppose what you find funny is all relative, man.

The snob who loves Blackadder but refuses to concede how Mr. Bean might be funny comes to mind. Comedy is not always a matter of braincells.

Back in the late 90s/early 00s I went to see Will Oldham in Vicar St, and he was amazing. Next person I went to see in Vicar St after that was Tommy Tiernan, and I was joking with Mrs. egg_ beforehand saying "imagine if this was as mindblowing as Will Oldham was" ... and then, weirdly, it was

I think standup, at its best, as damn near as good as music. The very best comedians, at their best, are kind of like philosophers looking into your heart and telling you what's there

I forgot about Stewart Lee and Bill Burr. They're alright

I saw Norman Lovett from Red Dwarf in Edinburgh years ago... he has this incredible joke about Nicolas Cage's pizza chef... tried to find it on yt there, but alas, no luck.

The guy had one of the most natural presences - unpredictable, deadpan style as if anything could have came out of his mouth and he would have made the gag work. I was like, "right, that's what an actual stand-up is supposed to be like" after watching sneery chancers like Ed Byrne on panel show crud for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back