Spotify...its grand and all (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 433
  • Views 29K
  • Watchers 12
Does it just play in yer browser or is it an iTunes job?

Client only (on every OS / device imaginable) but web browser version coming soon. They've an announcement coming in early December so hopefully that's the big launch of it.

I see.

Might take a look.As long as it dosent take over my whole shit like iTunes

when i do a search I can't tell what music is "local" and what is going to be streamed. I don't like the interface.

For tracks that are offline, you'll see a little square white box with a music symbol in it beside the track time length.

Anyone else having frequent connection problems? My internet connection is fine but Spotify regularly drops out. If it keeps happening I'm going back to Deezer, can't be paying a tenner a month for something that isn't rock solid.

trying out earlier..its grand..good few tunes I searched for not found though

Does anyone else have this problem with Deezer? It can't handle long songs (e.g. More than 10 minutes)

:(

I read that last week.Its brutal.I really don't like the idea of people exploiting artists and the artists not getting theirs.I've no problem with torrents.cos thats just sharing..but this thing is a different kettle of fish.I'm torn.

One half of me says,sure fuck it..its not going away might as well just go with it.

The other says...don't be ripping off the artists you bastards.

I'd rather download something on the torrents than pay spotify or those type of places. Your man Karmafan; had a good idea with his site that never went anywhere. I wonder if you had a system something like the one with download coupons that came with records and downloads where you'd get a code that you could register at some site and you could then have a little credit system that would display something like "I've bought 10 albums" on your torrent profiles or wherever you want to put it. Most people might still not bother but it could be a way of promoting the idea of giving something directly to bands and if even one person paid something like a fiver directly to a band it's better than most people would ever make of spotify judging by what yer man Damon says. A bit like an honour system as well as a way to cut out these stupid middle men. Bands could then have an option where you could just buy a code without buying a specific album because if you'd already downloaded the album you wouldn't need to download it directly from the artists.

I fail to see the logic that Spotify et al are bad because they pay peanuts but torrents are okay because .... because .... someone help me here?

I presume the logic used is that with torrents nobody makes any money but with spotify the owners make money and pay the artists peanuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back