Spotify...its grand and all (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 433
  • Views 29K
  • Watchers 12
So,Im thinking of subscribing.Im listening to a fair bit of music these days and I want my library synced up across my devices.

I can't decide what to do though. I could easily set up a hard drive to serve my own library to me,which seems like a good use of my otherwise chronically underused broadband connection and save on a Spotify subscription.

Or should I just stick with usb-ing a few albums onto my phone? There's a lot to be said for that because it eliminates a lot of choice and I get deep into what I have loaded up.

Essentially,that is my major problem,I am overwhelmed by choice.

I wonder what system other pricks are rocking?

I'm strongly considering cancelling my broadband, I have 10 gigs of data on my phone,I simply don't need any more than that I reckon. The signal is pretty shit in my gaf though,thats the only snag with that plan

I signed up for google music yesterday, i was already uploading everything I download to google for streaming anyway so I might as well give them the money. I think they give you a free month to try it out if you haven't already used it

+1 for google music. You can do it free if you're just streaming your own music. I think you can upload 30,000 songs or something. Get gMusic player for your phon/ tablet and you're laughing.

The other grey thing about it being your own music is that when you select one song to create a radio station from you know it'll be good shite from your collection and shite Spotify thinks you'll like but rarely do.

If you're the kind of loser (like me) who cares about different mastering on tracks then Google Music is not for you because when you upload it it just says your song is a match to what they have on their database and link you to their (INCORRECT) version of it.

Anyway, go with Tidal obviously.

If you're the kind of loser (like me) who cares about different mastering on tracks then Google Music is not for you because when you upload it it just says your song is a match to what they have on their database and link you to their (INCORRECT) version of it.
Fuck them anyway. I was wondering about this. And there i was on what reading the comments on albums to see which edition had the best reputation before I downloaded it and then uploaded it to Google.

Im gonna check out google,it makes sense especially seeing as though I'm heading fully android..and google music is part of my nexus's firmware..except for lubuntu from which I am typing this

Ive got well over 30000 tracks though..closer to 100000.

I suppose a nice bit of curation on the way in wouldnt hurt though

Ok,I think I have it figured out.

google is the way to go!

Alrighty then! Update..

I'm signing up for 90 day free trial of google music,I tested it last night by uploading my collection of Scott Walker files..hunky dory

And heres the GIFTYBARS part. chromecast audio's are on sale for £15 in Currys in Enniskillen,so I'm gonna pop up there shortly..jobs oxo!

Will have the internet audio streaming through my studio monitors...and my library in the cloud....can't ask for more than that..

Edit..just signed up there ..and the first two acts I searched for had all their music up on it..thsi is gonna be grand

Last edited:
Holy shit Google music is awesome,and the stream to the chromecast is CD quality.

I have no objection to paying a tenner a month,well worth it for the sheer convenience

The radio stations are not great, they don't seem to mix it up at all. Like, yesterday I stuck on The Sad Side of British Folk radio and heard a few old classics I'd forgotten about but then I put it on again this evening and it was the same few artists again. I guess there's only so much sad british folk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm just playing albums,thats the way I listen to music,and there hasn't been one yet they don't have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back