spirituality (1 Viewer)

hag said:
ok, let's kick it off then...

are the dreams and expectations you're fed as a child responsible for depression and lack of inspiration in later life? as in, when you find out all the stuff about love and lambs isn't actually true... and your brain has to deal with the fall-out... who is to blame? and can ultimate happiness only be reached through blind faith in something you know isn't true? but to shut your brain up, you just believe it anyway? well?
I thinks the need for some sort of meaning or purpose to one's life is the thing...however, this does not incite me to believe any dogmatic nonsense. Just get used to it, I figures. Anyway, it only tends to be a problem when one has no more immediate or pressing needs. Having plenty of desirable long-term goals to aim at tends to quiet the voice asking what the point of it all is...I'm not sure if it's a good idea to deliberately quiet that voice, but it's better than blind faith I think. And anyway one can in the meantime casually try to figure out a better option, rather than just leaping blindly into the comforting arms of "there is a god/organising force" post haste.

i think spurtuality is good if you find the right woman.
but self spurtuality is no good, cos blah blah helloo.

yeah, god is crap.

karma now, hoooooooooooooooold on.
that shit is proper shit. mmmnn hmmnnn.

i hope i come back as a traffic light.
or a leather bound copy of the oxford english dicktionary.

so yeah, spurtuality.
dddddddddddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudde.

aoifed said:
I try really hard to look out for people. I have a lot of faith in folk. Don't know what happens afterwards but.
yep, that's where i'm tending as well. people can be so bad and so, so good. but yeah, like i said, people can be amazing humans some times.

Jimmy Magee said:
I thinks the need for some sort of meaning or purpose to one's life is the thing...however, this does not incite me to believe any dogmatic nonsense. Just get used to it, I figures. Anyway, it only tends to be a problem when one has no more immediate or pressing needs. Having plenty of desirable long-term goals to aim at tends to quiet the voice asking what the point of it all is...I'm not sure if it's a good idea to deliberately quiet that voice, but it's better than blind faith I think. And anyway one can in the meantime casually try to figure out a better option, rather than just leaping blindly into the comforting arms of "there is a god/organising force" post haste.
yeah, i agree ;) with most of it.

so, you think there's any way the worlds of make-up and spirituality could meet in the middle somewhere? i guess the meeting point would be the land of facials.

"what does that mean hag?"

ah i'm not sure. something to do with orgasms and eye-liner. i'm just trying to be smart.

"ah, ok so. you want a boiled egg?"

only if you cut the toast into soldiers...

"sure thing buddy, sure thing..."

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back