Space is the Place (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RTE did a newsflash on this during kids afternoon TV. RTE had another newsflash a few months later (also during kids afternoon TV) when the Chernobyl disaster was announced. that puts things in perspective.

James Webb Space Telescope promo, edited like an action movie trailer for some reason:

This is the much more powerful successor to Hubble, for anyone who hasn't heard of it. Finally launching in about 6 weeks, 14 years after the original launch date.. as a space nerd I'm well excited. This thing is deffo going to blow up on the launchpad right?

hnVnEqyeFUAKDfQ84At2Mn.jpg

This interesting podcast extrapolating from Kim Stanley Robinson says that the idea of space travel is basically a medaevil-style religion peddled by the Musks of this world to distract us from the real world and the fiction itself is sort of part of that in that it's creating a mythology around this ludicrous notion. I can't really disagree but I'm still gonna read sci fi :( I'd say the Musks of this world know it's all a crock of shit too, or that at most they're selling 'hope'. I like KSR's notion that we can't survive outside of Earth for biological/genetic reasons. Cixin Liu makes the similar argument but from a more philosophical standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back