Space is the Place (4 Viewers)

adds to the drama alright

amazing to think that in just a couple of years we'll be watching them do that* on the moon

* exploding

once again i clicked on one of those links last night. 5 minutes later when nothing happened i closed it and muttered, thumped pricks.

I'm looking forward to when Boston dynamics has colonised and begun strip mining the moon hopefully by then Trump's space force will still be around

There's a few sites like that always show up in my facebook newsfeed and they mostly have fucking nonsense in them, then I get sites like phys.org which is good shit. The dopey sites tend to have names like popularmechanics, stuff to make them sound legit when they're just posting shite

Well the first line of the article is a link to the research paper the article is based on.
And the journal it’s printed in is a predatory journal* that has wholesale copied articles from other legit journals. Just because there’s a link to an article, doesn’t mean it has gone through the same scrutiny as a more reputable journal. And to make things a little more eyebrow-raising; one of the authors has had papers previously retracted for being bullshit. He has quite the home page though!

*Journals that have very little editorial oversight, skip peer review and generally prey on unsuspecting or desperate authors and/or chancers.

There's a few sites like that always show up in my facebook newsfeed and they mostly have fucking nonsense in them, then I get sites like phys.org which is good shit. The dopey sites tend to have names like popularmechanics, stuff to make them sound legit when they're just posting shite
Popular Mechanics has (had?) a good reputation. It's around a long time.

And the journal it’s printed in is a predatory journal* that has wholesale copied articles from other legit journals. Just because there’s a link to an article, doesn’t mean it has gone through the same scrutiny as a more reputable journal. And to make things a little more eyebrow-raising; one of the authors has had papers previously retracted for being bullshit. He has quite the home page though!

*Journals that have very little editorial oversight, skip peer review and generally prey on unsuspecting or desperate authors and/or chancers.
Can a lizard comprehend a man?
Can a man comprehend a god?

Who dares speak for god?

Perhaps even the gods, have gods, who have gods.
-Rhawn Gabriel Joseph

The Starship Orbital test flight will originate from Starbase, TX. The Booster stage will separate approximately 170 seconds into flight. The Booster will then perform a partial return and land in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 20 miles from the shore. The Orbital Starship will continue on flying between the Florida Straits. It will achieve orbit until performing a powered, targeted landing approximately 100km (~62 miles) off the northwest coast of Kauai in a soft ocean landing.

Attachments

• starship.pdf
    554 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back