Space is the Place (3 Viewers)

Falcon Heavy's 3rd contract/launch is for an american military satellite.

Trump wants to privatize the ISS in 7 years time.

Space X aren't 100% perusing heavy as a mars mission in the same way they were when they wanted press.

welcome to unregulated american military space.

It just got a whole lot easier for private companies to launch satellites, rovers, and spacecrafts, and pursue future industries like asteroid mining. The catch? The U.S. is completely ignoring what’s outlined in a 51-year-old treaty designed to keep space peaceful and war-free.

source: Private space companies no longer have to follow the law

I saw a bright fast moving thing moving across the sky from East to West last night, a satellite I assume? How can I tell if it's the ISS?

Well this is news to me I suppose everyone else already knows about this

Sun_in_orbit_around_Galactic_Centre.gif

Visualisation of the orbit of the Sun (yellow dot and white curve) around the Galactic Centre (GC) in the last galactic year. The red dots correspond to the positions of the stars studied by the European Southern Observatory in a monitoring programme. Estimates of the length of one orbit range from 225 to 250 million terrestrial years. The Solar System is traveling at an average speed of 828,000 km/h (230 km/s) or 514,000 mph (143 mi/s) within its trajectory around the galactic center.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"Timelapse of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft launched on 16 November 2018 at 18:14 GMT from Baikonur cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, taken by ESA astronaut Alexander Gerst from the International Space Station"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back