Space is the Place (1 Viewer)

Richie

James Webb Space Telescope promo, edited like an action movie trailer for some reason:

This is the much more powerful successor to Hubble, for anyone who hasn't heard of it. Finally launching in about 6 weeks, 14 years after the original launch date.. as a space nerd I'm well excited. This thing is deffo going to blow up on the launchpad right?

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
hnVnEqyeFUAKDfQ84At2Mn.jpg

snakybus

Supporter
Website
www.breakingtunes.com
This interesting podcast extrapolating from Kim Stanley Robinson says that the idea of space travel is basically a medaevil-style religion peddled by the Musks of this world to distract us from the real world and the fiction itself is sort of part of that in that it's creating a mythology around this ludicrous notion. I can't really disagree but I'm still gonna read sci fi :( I'd say the Musks of this world know it's all a crock of shit too, or that at most they're selling 'hope'. I like KSR's notion that we can't survive outside of Earth for biological/genetic reasons. Cixin Liu makes the similar argument but from a more philosophical standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads