south east asia, Oz/NZ , south america (1 Viewer)

skinnerchinner

im getting the fuck out of the country and travelling for three months with my burd
leaving in a month and coming back a few days before Xmas

has anyone done a 7 stop flight job ?

any recommendations ?
where was good how long did you stayin each ?

so far my thinking is

thailand
singapore
bali
oz
NZ
chile
(driving and trains to brazil via argentina and uruguay)
home

i just got my injections today
i think im going to avoid areas with malaria and yellow fever

people who i meet are durt jealous :D
pack in the job and do it now or never I say

120€
cheaper than I thaught
i didnt get the rabies , hep b or yellow fever ones
he said if you steer clear of animals you should be fine from rabies
hep b is contracted through ridin hooers or getting operated on
i think i should be grand to steer clear of these

yellow fever for western and northern brazil or bolivia , peru etc
ill be in temperate s america and up the east coast of brazil so I dont need it

Ha, hep b - mate of mine's sister is this bubbly innocent 21 year old, went to get her jabs before heading to thailand and the auldfella doctor asked her "are you planning on having any unprotected sex with prostitutes while you are away?"

where are you going to go ?

i cant bloody wait
sick of my job and this weather

and I have another wee trip to amserdam , slovakia, cz rep and london before i go
get in there

I did a multi-stop, best value.

DUBLIN
LONDON
BANGKOK
SYDNEY
AUKLAND
FIJI
LOS ANGELES
NEW YORK
LONDON
DUBLIN

it cost 1300 euro as there was a sale on the tickets , bought it in the FEB 2002. Star alliance was dearer, Buy a oneworld one, it includes aer lingus, BA , Quantas, Pacific, AA.

I changed flights about 6 times while i was away cos i stayed in california a long time and i was never charged for changin it. cant say fairer than that

where are you going to go ?

i cant bloody wait
sick of my job and this weather
Ha, same buzz man. Fuck this weather and i think i'm actually looking forward to quitting my job more than i am heading off. I'm in NYC for a week, florida for a week, thailand for two months, month each in laos, cambodia and vietnam, few months in china, then i'm off to live in japan for a year, maybe two if i can get the working holiday visa extended.

most western guys end up getting yellow fever when they head over to asia :p

09Lede_asiaphile.jpg

this might sound retarded, but be careful of your feet too. my brother cut his very superficially in thailand 2 weeks ago and ended up having to fly back to Ireland a few days early as he couldnt walk and one foot had turned black. he was driven straight to A and E - he had some abcess shit going on!!!!! ironically one of my best friends who was also in thailand at the time is currently in hospital with the same thing.
so yeah - watch your feet. and bring some iodine along with you to dab any small cuts with cos you never know what that shit can develop into.

when in new zealand, go to mount maunganui

%7B295FFF30-6D46-4306-A787-CDFDA9A41671%7D.JPG

and queenstown.

and have a deadly time. backpacking is the ultimate buzz I reckons.

(by the way, singapore will bore you to tears. trust. i know people who went borederline insane with the boredom after moving there. it's one big boring shopping mall city. i almost fell asleep typing this! check out boracay or penang instead or something. or HK.)

Here skinner, did you do anything about insurance? I was looking at trailfinders, would be about three hundred notes for me. Anyone know if yer average VHI policy covers extended holidays?

but surely if you quit your job you no longer have a VHI policy?

I booked my trip today, also on my own.

Bangkok/around Asia for 6 weeks
Sydney for Christmas
Up coast to Cairns
Cairns to Melbourne for a few months
Melbourne to Christchurch for a while
Auckland to Santiago around Sth. America for a few months
Rio de Janeiro to Dublin a year from November

So are trailfinders the best people to get Insurance with?
think i may get my visa through them aswell.

Tropical/Medical Bureau for the jabs i guess
im nervous excited

Well the thai visa you can get from the thai consulate, takes about a week. No idea about the oz one. I'm told travelfinders is the bee's bollocks for travel insurance. I'm actually arriving in bangkok on november 1st and will be in thailand for eight weeks. Pint?

From what i understand, if there's an airport there, you can chose it, might add more to the price like but. Mate of mine's just headed off on one with something crazy like 22 different stops all over central/south america over eight months.

Well the thai visa you can get from the thai consulate, takes about a week. No idea about the oz one. I'm told travelfinders is the bee's bollocks for travel insurance. I'm actually arriving in bangkok on november 1st and will be in thailand for eight weeks. Pint?

jesus yeah, absolutely. I arrive in Bangkok the 7th i guess. Will you be there?
I've no accommodation booked anywhere yet, but i'm not worried about that

also "bee's bollocks" this is a good thing yeah? and travelfinders are different to trailfinders yeah?

Sorry yeah, trailfinders. I always get that wrong. I'll be in bangkok for about three days, then i'm headed south to check out the islands for a few weeks, we could hang out there..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back